Range Bag Contents

Range Bag Contents

This is a discussion on Range Bag Contents within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Other than the obvious (handguns, ammo, spare magazines, reloaders, hearing & eye protection), what else do you pack in your range bag for indoor ranges?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Range Bag Contents

Range Bag Contents

Other than the obvious (handguns, ammo, spare magazines, reloaders, hearing & eye protection), what else do you pack in your range bag for indoor ranges?
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Small staple gun for targets and most important a medical kit with Quik Clot if ever the need ever arises.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I keep disposable ear plugs for when I take newbies shooting. First aid in case one of them shoots me. A knife. Roll of duct tape for taping targets. Staple gun for targets. Cable lock in case I need to secure a firearm. Handi wipes. A cleaning rod and brush in case I need to clear an obstruction. My name and contact info in case the bag gets lost. A belly band holster. A highlighter or markers to circle shots so I can tell where my new ones land and not have to change targets as often...I'm thrifty haha.
    SuperRuger101 and Hodad like this.

A small mirror and flashlight to check for bore obstructions (without looking down barrel) , bore snake, pen, gun oil, allen wrench, Sig tool band aids and mosquito repellent.

Distinguished Member
    Regular old printer paper (what I use for targets)
    Markers and pens
    Tape (orange duct tape for bullseye square, and masking to hang with)
    Baby wipes (really nice to be able to wipe your hands off)
    Hand towel
    Small punch and hammer
    Cleaner and lube
    A few extra sets of ear plugs and eye protection (have had unexpected company a few times)

Don't have any first aid stuff, that's a really good idea - need to add that.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Lots of good stuff here already. I will only add this. While a first aid/boo boo kit is always a good idea, for the range a trauma/blow out kit is better. Tourniquet, combat bandages, chest seal things like that. The other thing is harder. Knowledge. Know at least the basics of how to use these items on others and yourself.
    mkh and miller_man like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

For any shooting session, I carry a basic cleaning kit, a small bottle of cleaning solution, a small bottle of lube, a couple of rags, a rug/pad, occasionally spare recoil springs (if nearing the time to replace), and a small first aid kit, spare disposable ear plugs. If doing rifles, I include a few all-in-one tools for disassembly. Always include a stapler, staples. Generally bring a small bottle of water. Targets and other spares remain in the car trunk.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

mkh
    A Big Mac and a large fry.

Seriously I keep the same things everyone else is mentioning. I do add a can of Mobile 1 synthetic grease for lube and a can of RemOil spray to spray the gun down until I can get home to clean it.

I use an outdoor range so some may not apply.
    targets, stapler, tape, small cleaning kit, little tube of grease, treated cloth, tooth brush, extra ear plugs and glasses, rug to put to top of the bench, a few tools, spotting scope, uplula.
    I'll have to remember the first aid kit and baby wipes!
    MrBuckwheat likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    R1200RT
    Remember, math is your friend not your enemy!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Small staple gun for targets and most important a medical kit with Quik Clot if ever the need ever arises.
    I agree on the first aid kit with Quik Clot.

I had been carrying a kit in my range box for about a year before I mentioned it in a post, and the very next day my wife had to break out some gauze pads and fabric tape to patch up a guy at the range. He had a really nasty slide bite, and didn't have so much as a band aid on him.

I also carry a sharpie for marking targets, and a multi bit screwdriver for adjusting sights or making minor repairs. The flashlight I carry as par of my EDC sometimes comes in handy at indoor ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperRuger101 View Post
    Other than the obvious (handguns, ammo, spare magazines, reloaders, hearing & eye protection), what else do you pack in your range bag for indoor ranges?
    I'm not sure what else there is to bring... except maybe an anti or two to try and cross over. Downside is my range bags only big enough to fit their brain, I'd have to leave the rest of them behind.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    targets, stapler, tape, small cleaning kit, little tube of grease, treated cloth, tooth brush, extra ear plugs and glasses, rug to put to top of the bench, a few tools, spotting scope, uplula.
    Seems like we need more stuff for the outdoor range
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlow View Post
    I have a shed next to my shooting range, keep all of that there.. my range bags pretty light...
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I have a shed next to my shooting range, keep all of that there.. my range bags pretty light...
    you leed a rough life!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

lol right. it's really going to suck when I go back to living in the city in the next month or so. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links