What pants? Need any help I can get.

This is a discussion on What pants? Need any help I can get. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for some pants along the lines of cargo pants. Not looking to spend a ton of money but don't want to sacrifice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What pants? Need any help I can get.

I am looking for some pants along the lines of cargo pants. Not looking to spend a ton of money but don't want to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks. I have been looking at some on ebay and online. I am looking for something that is loose fitting and maybe a little "retro". I have been looking at the Matchstick military cargo pants on ebay but they are made in China. They look good but who knows. The other ones I was looking at are Rothco vintage paratrooper pants. If any of you know of any others along that style let me know or if you know something else along the same line it would be much appreciated. I have looked at other styles but some of them look too dressy. Plus I don't want the pants to scream tactical he is probably carrying.

Again thanks in advance

Jason
    I would rather die on my feet then live on my knees.

Take a look at Duluth Trading Co. Men's Workwear, Women's Work Wear, Work Clothing

I just picked up a couple pair of "RedHead" brand cargo pants from BassPro, or I would try Duluth Trading.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Emphatically +1 on Duluth. The Firehose Flex workpants are the cat's pajamas.

dan

I'm fond of the 'classic' 5.11 Tactical pants. Full-cut, roomy, pockets where you need 'em, double-layer in seat and knees, reinforced seams, and a canvas-like cotton fabric. About $50 at LA Police Gear and other sources.
    GhostMaker, mrm and BigJon10125 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'm fond of the 'classic' 5.11 Tactical pants. Full-cut, roomy, pockets where you need 'em, double-layer in seat and knees, reinforced seams, and a canvas-like cotton fabric. About $50 at LA Police Gear and other sources.
    ^^^ What he said! ^^^
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Loving the Riggs line from Wrangler...

These are their Ranger pants...

More carpenter look than tactical...

But they've got double fabric from mid-thigh to mid-calf and a nice weight rip-stop fabric.

NONAME762 likes this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I also recommend the cargos from Tru-Spec...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Re: What pants? Need any help I can get.

5.11 tactical taclite pro. I have 4. They are really good quality and super functional

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Do you guys wear these tactical pants on an everyday basis or do you feel that they are screaming "Tactical pants he is packing". I do like the wranglers Riggs look though. Today I also went to the new Cabelas in Saginaw and they had the Cabelas brand concealed carry pants for $50. Tried them on and they are nice. They have a hidden elastic waistband so that when you are IWB carrying you can where your normal size and they will stretch to fit the gun comfortably.

Thanks again for the replies.

pants.jpgI like the 511 pants, too but they sort of speak 'tac gear' to most folks. For an alternative, I found the CCW Breakaway pants in either the basic 'docker' style or the cargo pants. They are super comfortable, discreet, and they have the absolute BEST internal holsters, on BOTH sides, and in each pocket. The price is not bad, considering you are buying a complete farry system with each pair.
    Phaedrus likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

The basic wrangler cargo's work great for me
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I just ended up ordering a pair of the Duluth Firehose work pants. They look very well made and I am not sure you can beat the lifetime warranty. Plus while I was at Cabelas today I tried my LC9 in the front pocket of their new tactical pants. It fit but if I turned just right the but of the grip would show. I also wasn't sure how well they would wear as far as durability. The Duluth pants say they have a 12" deep front pocket on them. Should easily swallow the LC9.
    Cory1022 likes this.

Carharts. Or mountain khakis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

The Duluth Trading Co's all day, every day. At work (residential telecom, everything from hooking poles to cat and coax runs in attics) the DTCs are the only pants that survive more than a few months. At work, I wear Ultimate Firehose workpants due to their double knees/kneepad capabilities, and 'cause I love the pockets configuration.
    Off work, the flex pants are slightly lighter wieght, but pockets are configured the same. Seven super durabale belt loops, and the back belt loop is like 4", so no gapping or sagging in the back.
    Got these all specifically for work, but now, soon as I get home I just change from the Ults to the flex. These do not yell "tactical". Even in camel and khaki. Will be ordering some flex in coffee next paycheck or so. Due to how happy I was with the quality of the pants, I purchased tshirts and boxer briefs from them. Nothing but quality. Buy once, cry once.

dan

I like the Riggs from Wrangler. The Duluth's wear good but to me the front pockets are to deep.Get a pair of each see which you like best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links