Kimber LifeAct Guardian Angel

This is a discussion on Kimber LifeAct Guardian Angel within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got one today. Had been seeing them in Kimbers Ad's for awhile and got an e-mail from a distributor offering them for $39 so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber LifeAct Guardian Angel

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar

Just got one today. Had been seeing them in Kimbers Ad's for awhile and got an e-mail from a distributor offering them for $39 so I went ahead and ordered one. It's a stout little plastic unit with a safety and belt clip which will also fit perfectly in your pocket. Uses pyrotechnics to fire two charges of capiscum gas from a distance of two to thirteen feet! Seems like a good alternative prior to having to use the real thing. It can fire one shot at a time with the trigger resetting between shots and the capscium is good for four years. Plan to get another one for my wife and daughter.

I've been looking for one of these for my wife. Would you mind sharing the name of the distributor?

Thanks.

Lead Moderator
    So thayts what it was in the ad. I was wondering, but didn't get the chance to find out. Please give us a range report , if you try it out .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

The guy in the video missed the face with the first shot at 4ft. It might be hard to aim. Is there practice cartridges or refills or is it a sealed unit. Was thinking of getting one for my sister. Maybe I will just train her to use a knife because your usually toast with the draw/shoot at 4ft anyway.

vidio link
    http://www.defendingwomen.com/index....roducts_id=270
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Very interesting. I still feel my DPS pepper spray with a 20 foot range is superior, but pepper spray (and how it is applied) is just the same as guns --- you really don't want to be on the receiving end of it.
    Beretta 92FS

Thanks for the clip to the video. it really helps out to see how it's used. It doesn't "spray" a solid stream like I thought, but more like "spits" out a glob of pepper spray. So you say the firing is done with somekind of explosive charge, and not compressed gas? Pretty interesting. i thought about picking one up from my local gun range, but couldnt get myself around to chucking up the $35 bucks for it. Now that I see how it performs, I'm going to pick one up.

I'm ordering FOUR. One for my wife, one for my daughter and her husband and one for me. I like their looks. Can you (torrejon224) post a pic of the unit in your hand so we can get an idea of scale?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Sorry for the late reply but I bought it thru Cascade Ammunitionhttp://www.cascade-ammo.com and it arrived the nextday. Per the info included it will shoot a distance of 13 feet at 90mph! I don't intend to test it as there not refillable (yet) but when it closeto expiration in 6 years I will.

I just purchased a Kimber Lifeact from our local gun range. This is a very nice unit and is easy to carry in a pocket. The first shot shoots 13 feet and spreads out 12 inches in diameter. This makes it pretty hard to miss your target. What I like most about this unit is it will not depressurize, leak , or burst and it works in very cold weather. It is also very hot with 10% OC @ 2.4% Capsaicinoids per canister 3,999,000 SHU. Most products have 1.0 to 1.33% Capsaicin and related capsaicinoids. Bear spray has 2.0% Capsaicinoids per canister so the Lifeact is extreamly hot. This unit will also penetrate around glasses, cloth masks, and ski masks. It may cost more to purchase this unit but you get what you pay for!

The %age of OC determines the recovery time. 10% OC takes longer than 2% OC. The SHU determines the "heat" factor. We are allowed 2% OC in MI due to the quick recovery time.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Fox Labs is has a good 2% OC spray. It is 2% OC @ 0.66% Capsaicinoids per canister. If I lived in MI I would carry Fox. Maybe Kimber will come out with a 2% OC with a high capsaicin percentage. Capsaicinoids are the only true measurement of the pungency of OC sprays. The higher the capsaicin content the hotter the spray.

http://www.reliapon.com/shu.htm

Fox Labs is has a good 2% OC spray
    That's how I roll.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I'd hate to have only two shots...a 2 oz can gives me plenty of bursts up to 10 feet.....

The lower spray unit is also a product made by Kimber, although I haven't seen anyone selling it yet.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/press/2...ense-tools.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber website

Kimber Launches Pair of Powerful Non-Lethal Self Defense Tools

Yonkers, New York, September 1, 2006 - Kimber® LifeAct™ products are the most powerful and technologically-advanced non-lethal self defense tools available today. Each unit holds two powerful blasts of liquid agent containing OC (oleoresin capsicum), the effective ingredient of pepper sprays. A hit will incapacitate an assailant instantly and effectively for up to 45 minutes.

The Guardian Angel® weighs just 13 ounces, and is sized for carry in a pocket or purse. It also clips easily to belt or waistband. With a 13-foot range and 90 MPH delivery, it stops threats at a distance. Suggested retail price is just $39.95.

The JPX™ takes OC to the next performance level with a 270 MPH delivery, 21-foot range, quickly reloadable 2-shot magazines, Picatinny rail and optional integral laser sight. The conventional shape and action makes training easy and fast. The JPX is the ultimate non-lethal option for police, especially in crowd control situations.

LifeAct products offer significant performance advantages over conventional sprays. First among them is a propulsion system that delivers the OC payload in a fraction of a second, virtually eliminating cross-contamination. Both the Guardian Angel and JPX point naturally and do not require the careful positioning necessary with traditional OC spray canisters.

I have a couple of them. I bought them before Kimber purchased the rights to the product so they are about a year old. I picked them up from a local gun store and the guys there said that they fired several of them and were able to consistently hit where they aimed at 19 feet.

I don't know what the shelf life is on these but my wife and I might just take the two we have and use them as practice models. Two shots each. At those prices, I hope you don't need a lot of practice to use them.

When I get around to testing them, I'll post the results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links