Stack-on Elite 24 gun safe, opinions?

This is a discussion on Stack-on Elite 24 gun safe, opinions? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Friend of mine at work is selling his Stack-on Elite 24 gun safe for $650. I currently have no safe at all and am looking ...

Friend of mine at work is selling his Stack-on Elite 24 gun safe for $650. I currently have no safe at all and am looking for some way to store my guns. I was wanting to build a small gun room in my unfinished basement. But that is more of a long term plan that will take a while to put into action. Would you "pull the trigger" on this safe?

I have no experience with Stac-On, but in my research for a gun safe, I came across quite a few negative reviews, and it seems like the safes that were being purposely hacked by people to show their weaknesses, were more often then not Stac-Ons. So I will avoid that brand in all manners/designs/sizes of safes.

Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    I have no experience with Stac-On, but in my research for a gun safe, I came across quite a few negative reviews, and it seems like the safes that were being purposely hacked by people to show their weaknesses, were more often then not Stac-Ons. So I will avoid that brand in all manners/designs/sizes of safes.
    Agreed. That's exactly what my research on safes showed. YouTube is full of vids of these safes being defeated
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I agree with the above posts. For some good info, check out this link. Gun Safe Buyers' Guide
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Here is a vid with some useful info on gun safes

GUN SAFES "THE TRUTH" weaponseducation - YouTube
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I would avoid safes from big box stores. For just a few hundred more, you can buy a quality safe. Make sure you bolt the safe to your concrete floor. If you don't, you're making it that much easier for someone to do a pry attack.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Stay away. Save up your money for a "real" safe. You want plate steel instead of those composite doors. The plate steel looks thinner, but its WAY more secure than a composite (even though composite doors are way thicker) door. Look at Champion and Superior safes. They offer great deals for the money. You can find Superior Encore series safes for about $1200. It's absolutely worth the money. It sounds expensive, but its protecting FAR more than its own worth.

Links