Light, Laser ... or something else

This is a discussion on Light, Laser ... or something else within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about buying an attachment for a Ruger P95. Home use mainly - probably too big for concealed carry ... What would you ...

Thread: Light, Laser ... or something else

Light, Laser ... or something else

I am thinking about buying an attachment for a Ruger P95. Home use mainly - probably too big for concealed carry ...

What would you suggest - light, laseer, or something else?

2. Remove Ads

i wanted to get a laser but in a gun fight i wouldn't have time to be looking for a red or green dot. instead i'm looking around for a good light for my glock

mkh
    Not a fan of lasers on hand guns. I have no problems with lights though.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Not a fan of lasers on hand guns. I have no problems with lights though.
    I was thinking that as well. I did have one guy ask "if you were going against someone with a light and you see that light - where are you going to shoot?" His point - you probably are going to shoot at that light.

I still like the idea of a light.

A laser will slow you up unless you train hard with it which nobody does. I am a big believer in a gun light for every home defense gun PLUS a handheld light. There is a lot of truth to the fact that a light on your gun is a beacon back to where you are plus you tend to point your loaded gun where you want to see and that can be a danger to an innocent person who startles you when you are doing that. A combination of handheld and gun mounted light is the best way to go.

Something that you will never read but I know about from experience. Put a light on your gun and point it at a mirror and you will only see the light and not the gun. Now imagine doing that to a burglar. He will just see the light and not the gun. With a handheld light held away from the gun he can see the gun and know you are armed and that may be enough to end the encounter there. Food for thought.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

I vote for buying "something else".... They are inexpensive and work really well.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I'm really liking the crimson trace laser.
    I don't find it slowing me down at all.
    I'm not sure I'm using it as intended though I sight up and just use it as a feel good back up thing.
    I do have to say the laser is WAAYY more accurate with a hand gun than I ever imagined it would be.

I own weapon-mounted light and it's OK. And what laser or light do you want to buy???

Links