Looking For Advice on AR Sight

This is a discussion on Looking For Advice on AR Sight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for some suggestions for a scope or sight for my Stag M1.I had a truglo and after only 2 yrs it died.There are ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heatherr855

Thread: Looking For Advice on AR Sight

Looking For Advice on AR Sight

I'm looking for some suggestions for a scope or sight for my Stag M1.I had a truglo and after only 2 yrs it died.There are so many out there,and,I have been looking at what some sponsors have.I don't hunt,i have always enjoyed shooting it,not so much these days.I mostly go to a private out door range,that's a 100 yrds.I'm not crazy about a laser,but,won't rule it out.If you had 125.00-150.00,what would be one to consider?.I know there are some on here,that would have a good idea,on what to buy.Thanks for any ideas.Take care,and stay safe.
    gregnsc likes this.

2. Remove Ads

That sucks,Heather,Truglo won't replace it?

I don't have the package it came in.I went to Truglo's website.It said,unless,the packaging it came in,specifically had something on it,about a warranty,they give 90 days.I may call Truglo next week,but,i'm afraid i'm out of luck.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    A good quality , with very good reviews, as good as any optic costing 5 times as much is the Lucid HD 7. Check it out. 200.00 and change on Amazon.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

May I suggest a Nikkon, M-223 scope BDP?

$200+/- G.R.E.A.T. scope!!

Reaches out and sends coyotes to heaven at 150 yrds, all day!
    You can spend a TON more $$$, and for sure better optic's, but this is a great scope!!!

002.jpg

The Burris holographic are rebranded eotechs.

I'm partial to my aimpoint micro h-1
    It's a bigger chunk of change but if will be the last one you buy. 1 battery every 8-12 years. Never have to worry about turning it off. And you can add a magnifier to reach out a little farther.

Check out ar15.com it's a great resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse typos.

Sponsor
    I'd recommend a good set of irons for 100 yds. Magpul MBUS arent "iron" but they are good quality for the $

I also have a Vortex Strikefire RDS on one of my EBRs and it seems to be of high quality for the price.

Primary Arms' M4 clone is head and shoulders above the average Chicom RDS. I have one mounted on a dedicated .22lr and it appears to be sturdy enough to handle the recoil from a 5.56 AR.

ETA:

I would highly recommend the MBUS and saving for an Aimpoint PRO, the best value in high quality RDS available.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Glock 23 Gen 4
    Bravo Company AR-15

At that price point, I would recommend irons if you don't have them. I like the Troy industry flip ups and you could find them used for that range.

I run my flip ups 1/3 co-witness with Aimpoint red dot. To me this is a perfect and durable config if you would consider raising your budget.

If you are looking for more traditional style scopes, Nikon has a couple budget friendly scopes that have excellent light transmission and decent glass.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
    ― Albert Einstein

I got the vortek strikefire and love it, got it from Pometto state arms with coupon $149. Troy dioptic flip up buis $109 from midway, great sights that won't break the bank.

Thanks for all the suggestions.I have seen a couple,on here, i really like.I had the tru brite red open dot sight.I was ok,for what i needed one for,but,it went dead.I thought i would see,if there is one,someone uses,i may like better.

Links