Remington Offering A 5-Round AR15 Magazine

This is a discussion on Remington Offering A 5-Round AR15 Magazine within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sign of the times....... Remington Model R-15 VTR .223 Rem Magazine - Black (19499) : Magazines...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Remington Offering A 5-Round AR15 Magazine

Remington Offering A 5-Round AR15 Magazine

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Thank you for posting. I have no use for that.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.

That would be quite handy here if you're a hunter. I haven't hunted deer in a long time but IIRC the legal limit for mag cap in autos for big game is five rounds.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I'm waiting for someone to release the government approved Barney Fife "In Case of Extreme Emergency Magazine" which holds one round.

You shouldn't need more than 1 round to kill a deer or a bad guy, right?

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Let Bloomberg and Fienstein know about this...they can spend millions to buy lots of these and give them to all the mass-murderers. That will solve all the problems.

VIP Member
    Severally limited capacity and at $39.95, that is an expensive paperweight.
    AR15VSCoyote likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

i use my 5rd AK mags and my 10rd AR mags all the time when I put the rifle on a bench. low cap mags are great when you're not doing tactical drills. they're always in the range bag.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Several states have hunting rifles capacity limits, so this is nothing new except maybe to those who claim to own ARs for hunting and have never used them for hunting.

There is nothing about an AR that meets my specifications for a hunting rifle. If I were to own one it would be strictly for range use and TEOTWAWKI. For the latter, I don't need/want a five-round mag.
    Hopyard and Nmuskier like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

5 and 7 Round mags will not be good enough. You wait it is coming a Ban on any weapon that can take a mag higher than the limit they place.
    It is coming.

Everyone gets all worked up over these when hunters have a genuine need for them. Some states have mag limits, but a lot of guys (including myself) don't want to deal with the heavier and exposed 20-30 rounders.
    Snub44 and Phaedrus like this.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I hunted deer in Missouri in the early 1980's & then anyway there was a magazine restriction of 5 rounds, so I would think some other states might also have magazine restrictions.

I know .223 (read any centerfire) caliber rifles are legal for deer in Texas & what I understand this season legal in Kansas.
    So I am glad there are 5 round AR mags out there.

Its getting more rare to find shooters,gunowners that are hunters let alone passionate hunters. Glad Remington is looking out for us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    That would be quite handy here if you're a hunter. I haven't hunted deer in a long time but IIRC the legal limit for mag cap in autos for big game is five rounds.
    I hope Remington is thinking this will get ARs greater acceptance for hunting. There are a lot of 'hunters' who don't think ARs should be used for hunting. The more main stream ARs get....the better!

It is also a way to ATTEMPT to salve the anti-gunners & the gun owners who are for hunting only. The only problem I see is that the anti's will seize on it & say that the 5 rounders are the maximum capacity that will be allowed. Just look at New York's stupid attempt recently....They tried a seven round limit just because they already had a 10 round & wanted to go with fewer rounds......Their thought is to eventually get to ZERO round capacity.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

I found a Bushmaster 5-round magazine at Gander Mountain several months ago (prior to Aurora). I picked it up thinking it might come in handy for something.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Those are targeted for states like Maine when it comes to hunting, and now NY for mag bans...

Maine has a 5 round limit for hunting, so these are good for coyote hunters specifically because the AR is popular for that. I went with the 20rd Magpul mags and bought a 3 pack of 5 round limiter tabs to put in them so if I wanted to I could remove the limiters and be back at a standard 20rd mag.

Auto cap is 5 rounds for deer hunting in WI. That is what this is for. But I would not pay $40 for it. I am fairly certain you can just put a plug in a 30 round mag to limit it to 5 rounds and you would be legal.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links