Defensive Carry banner

BRIGHT SIGHTS ghost glow paint for sights

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
As much as I'd love to save and get a set of XS big dot nite sights for the para, folks keep telling me about "bright sights" paint. I hear they have been around for years. Their websight had interesting reading, so I thought to ask you guys.... Do you use them ? How do you like them ?

:smile: Arthur

#2 ·
Sorry, I cannot post a response to your inquiry but i would like to say i've seen this stuff also and have thought about buying it but never did for some reason or another. but if it works as described i'd buy some..(the skeptic i am).....what say you gun gurus from afar?

#3 ·
OMO...

If you want the advantage of night sights...get them...they are great!
'Glow paint?' They call it 'glow' for a reason, and it doesn't glow for long...might just as well use finger nail polish...I do on my KelTec's.
No light...under your coat/shirt...no glow...
For purposes of a 'quick site', finger nail polish has served me well for decades.

ret:urla9ub:

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks cap'n.... now, if I can come accross someone with experience on the ghost glow version.

#6 ·
Capt Crunch & Artz...

I've tried the sight paint before without any dazzling results...but after searching the sights provided on this forum I did order the 'orange' sight paint AND the ghost-glow paint (it says both are needed)...

It was a very small investment...I'll see how it works!

#8 ·
Pleeeeeze folks, Don't waist your time or money on that "night sights in a bottle" stuff. Remember your talking about a weapon that possibly could be called upon to save your life or the lives of your loved ones. Nothing replaces night sights. The brighter the better.

I see ladies come to my classes all the time that their husbands have "done them a favor" and glopped a paint like substance on their sights or even their sight channel. What a glom !!

Would respectfully suggest that if you want something to glow,spend the $'s for a good set of bright,night sights. If you just want something to stand out simply go to a modelers store and pick up a very small container of bright white or orange paint. I use some of this to designate mags or other weapons related stuff. -------

#9 ·
A Couple of Points RSSZ...

My big guns...Glock and Kimber's...already have night sights.
However, a small .22, or a KelTec with no 'real sight' could use some 'attention'...

I paid, what...$5.95 for a bottle of sight paint? Try the cost of fingernail polish...I tried that once and it was about the same price. It's about time for another coat, so I thought I would go the sight paint route...no big deal!

I certainly am not depending upon the sight paint to make a difference for a defensive situation.

Hey, maybe I just waisted $5...I've done that before...

Take care...

Stay alert...stay safe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.