MaelWear Holster for deep concealment

This is a discussion on MaelWear Holster for deep concealment within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, as always I like to give props to quality, American made products and I wanted to give a shout out for the holster ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ron7624

Thread: MaelWear Holster for deep concealment

MaelWear Holster for deep concealment

Hey guys,
    as always I like to give props to quality, American made products and I wanted to give a shout out for the holster that I use daily. Here's a link to the MaelWear holster designed for concealed carry mouse guns. If you're looking for a quality carry holster, this is what you want! It's built like a tank, super compact AND holds a spare magazine! It features two adjustment screws so you can tighten/loosen the fit for your specific pistol. I carry mine in my back pocket and it looks like a wallet. It's water resistant, so butt sweat/condensation doesn't get inside the holster. Also, because of the adjustment screws, it holds the weapon securely, but doesn't restrict draw. As a testimony to its compact size, I turned my Dad on to this holster and he carries it in his front pocket and it does not print. Contact Steven, who is the designer and manufacturer if you're interested! You won't be disappointed!

Ultra-Compact Micro Pocket Pistol Holster - Ultra-Compact Micro Pocket Pistol Holder

2. Remove Ads

cj
    Nifty design! I'll have to consider one of those...a bit of a step up than my current LCP solution.

Real nice , good price too.

I wonder if it will work with a sig p938

Interesting little design. Does it stay put when one draws the pistol? I've been using a couple of different De Santis Nemesis holsters for a little over 5 years and staying in the pocket during the draw is their claim to fame. The Mika holster I tried on an occasion also stayed put.

I'd like the feature that provides for the extra magazine for those occasions when I am required to hold my nose and carry the Kel Tec P3AT.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I'm gonna have to save this link and talk myself into buying one. I front pocket carry with the rig in my album. I make leather holsters as a hobby and the one I'm using has served me well. Although I like this holster, I'd be buying something with no intention of using it, but the extra magazine is tempting. Thanks for the link.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    “A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”
    Sigmund Freud

Does it stay put when one draws the pistol?
    Mine does as the texture of the inside and the outside of the holster are different. The design is slightly larger than the DeSantis models, so it fits snug in your pocket as well. The holster is constructed of nylon all around, but the outside has a sand-knit feel, while the inside is almost slippery smooth. If you click the bottom link in the navigation bar to the left of the page, it shows photos of most of the models that will fit. The Sig P238 is one of them, but not sure about the 938? I'd say contact the manufacturer to be sure, he's a super nice guy!

I use something similar, but made from leather, by Jim over at Hidden Holsters - Expertly Crafted Pocket Holsters. I really like anti print panels on pocket holsters, especially for smaller guns like the LCP.

I had Jim modify mine with a thumb push-off. I just like that better than relying on the friction between pocket and holster to keep the holster in the pocket during the draw. I ran my setup through a low light pistol class, and it worked great.

I am also not too keen on keeping the spare mag in the same pocket as the gun...would seem better to keep it where you can get to it with your support hand, which usually means opposite the gun. I carry two LCP mags in my left rear pocket in a cut down Remora single mag pocket holster.

Other than those minor quibbles, I will agree that this seems like a nice holster at a fair price. If it ships quickly, then so much the better. Thanks for posting!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links