Galco Miami Classic II - Fitment tips?

This is a discussion on Galco Miami Classic II - Fitment tips? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently received a Galco Miami Classic II shoulder holster for my Beretta M9 (92FS). I plan to use it for concealed carry (and jump ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By xXxplosive
  • 1 Post By JDE101
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Galco Miami Classic II - Fitment tips?

Galco Miami Classic II - Fitment tips?

I recently received a Galco Miami Classic II shoulder holster for my Beretta M9 (92FS). I plan to use it for concealed carry (and jump out of bed quick carry). I know that fitment of the shoulder system is very important as I don't want it to be flopping around or hard to draw from in an awkward location.

I was hoping to get some tips from you seasoned shoulder carriers! I know the M9 is a big and heavy gun (and I'm small framed at under 6' and 140). I do like the feel and comfort (mentally) of a full-sized gun though.

I suppose my questions are what is a good height to have the gun/mag at? Under the armpit? A few inches below? I won't carry it too low because that's just asking to print and sway. From my basic fitment testing, it doesn't move much because the gun and double stack mags have some weight.

Also, my mag carrier seems to fit one mag snug and the other a bit loose. The mags are identical and I have tried adjusting the retention screws to no avail. No matter how tight one is, the other is always a good bit looser. I can get one snug but then the other is in there a bit TOO good! Any tips?

2. Remove Ads

IMO.....adjust the height position so it's comfortable for you and where you can gain quick access. Seen some guys with it low and other with it almost under the arm pit.....your choice.
    ItalianSteel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    IMO.....adjust the height position so it's comfortable for you and where you can gain quick access. Seen some guys with it low and other with it almost under the arm pit.....your choice.
    ^^^^This^^^^ I carry a full size 1911 and I have it adjusted so that I can easily reach across my body and gain a full, solid grip. As far as the mag holders, sorry, but I have no ideas for you. Mine are both very snug fits.
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Administrator
    The Galco harness straps are sent out Extra Long.

Your firearm should ideally be positioned fairly close up under the armpit with the firearm muzzle slightly canted up.

Adjust your other side how that suits you best.

Once you have your rig set up exactly how you want it - Cut all that extra harness strap material off.

Do not leave it on because it is unnecessary and just adds bulk to your harness.

If you are wearing your shoulder rig for multiple hours EXPECT some initial shoulder discomfort on your firearm side.

You are adding weight to an area that normally never gets ANY.

You and your body will get used to it after a week or two and it will not bother you anymore after that.
    ItalianSteel likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links