This is a discussion on +1 for Streamlight's Customer Service within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a TLR-3 for my Springfield XD subcompact back in September 2010. On my first range trip, somewhere between 50-100 rounds downrange (I was ...
I purchased a TLR-3 for my Springfield XD subcompact back in September 2010. On my first range trip, somewhere between 50-100 rounds downrange (I was on my second box of ammo), the rails on the light cracked and were no longer usable. Due to some major life changes, it was thrown in a box and I never bothered with it. I recently pulled it out and checked with Streamlight who informed me they do offer a lifetime warranty and for me to send it in. I sent it on March 29, and received it back today, April 23. Nearly a month, but that includes shipping both ways.
I sent them the broken TLR-3, the "key", and the battery. They sent me back a new TLR-3, a "key" installed plus an extra one, plus a battery installed along with an extra.
tl:dr: My TLR-3 broke 2 1/2 years ago, I finally got around to notifying Streamlight, they took my broken one and sent me a new one with no questions asked. Besides paying for shipping there (couple bucks), it didn't cost me anything. (The value of the extra battery they sent more than makes up for the few bucks in shipping I paid.)
I have a Streamlight Stylus that I misplaced here at the house a long time ago. I recently found it, immediately worried about the battery leakage, opened it up and sure enough it was a corroded mess inside. Doubtful I'd ever get the batteries out due to the corrosion. I grabbed some needle nose pliars in the small hope I'd be able to catch the postive end on the battery and pull wiggle it out. While working with it the pliars touched somewhere to complete the circuit and the little light came on. I couldn't believe it.
While surprised at its resilience I'm pretty sure I need a new one. I can't blame anything on Streamlight, they made a good light that's still trying to work. My fault for losing it and having it degrade.
Helpful hints on pushing back and strengthening the 2A: