Flashlight-cellphone

Flashlight-cellphone

This is a discussion on Flashlight-cellphone within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just a few thoughts on using something you already may be carrying. After reading many posts discussing various flashlights, I downloaded a flashlight app to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By lionround

Thread: Flashlight-cellphone

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

Flashlight-cellphone

Just a few thoughts on using something you already may be carrying.
    After reading many posts discussing various flashlights, I downloaded a flashlight app to my Android phone. It seems to to pretty well for medium range using the LED light for photography, and can be pre-set for a strobe effect when engaged. Another thing i found out is if you just set the camera app for video mode with light, you not only get the light, but can look around corners, and record evidence at the same time.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I use this app just for a back up to my Streamlight ProTac 2L.

I can't beat someone with my cell, but my flashlight... And my cell battery isn't something I trust my life on. Hell I can barely watch The Walking Dead for very long!

In God and Glock we Trust

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    I have a flashlight app on my iPhone5. But it is a government issued phone and the password is so long and convoluted that by the time I get the light on, the sun will most likely be up and I won't need it anymore.
    mprp and locotest like this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Just avoid the Brightest Flashlight app for Android. It works but is meant to steal your information and sell it to other companies. Always read the user agreements.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post
    I use this app just for a back up to my Streamlight ProTac 2L.

I can't beat someone with my cell, but my flashlight... And my cell battery isn't something I trust my life on. Hell I can barely watch The Walking Dead for very long!

In God and Glock we Trust
    Gotta reply just because you mentioned The Walking Dead. Awesome show, can't wait for its return this fall.

If you want an amazing advantage and do not mind spending some bucks for it, Surefire is a great flashlight but you should plan on buying a small (12 batteries) case of the A123 batteries because you cannot find them at a lot of places yet.

Links