please recommend a single leather mag pouch for duble stack .40

please recommend a single leather mag pouch for duble stack .40

This is a discussion on please recommend a single leather mag pouch for duble stack .40 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i need some recommendations for a leather mag pouch to fit a spare mag for CCW. single mag holder for Hk p2000 which has the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: please recommend a single leather mag pouch for duble stack .40

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369

    Lightbulb please recommend a single leather mag pouch for duble stack .40

    i need some recommendations for a leather mag pouch to fit a spare mag for CCW.

    single mag holder for Hk p2000 which has the same mag as the Hk USP compact. .40 sw and 357 sig is also the same mag.

    pull the dot snap or permanent loop both OK, no clip on.

    i have a strong preference for leather but will consider well made kydex.

    willing to pay for custom and wait up to a few weeks.

    how many of you carry a spare mag ? two spare mags ? spare gun ? two spare guns ?

    concealed carry since 2006 in Ohio, fist time considering carrying spare mags, thanks for reading my post.


  2. #2
    Member Array rawdawg1217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ks
    Posts
    193
    i carry spare mags i use a old Gerber pouch depends on where im going if i carry more than one extra mag or a bug gun i mostly carry my glock 27 which is a 40 sw i carry a 13 round double stacked in a Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Folding Sheath Knife case when i carry more mags i just stuff em in my pants pocket and when i carry my bug aka my snubbie i carry it on my weak side in my coat pocket with speed strips in the other
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    do you carry the knife case in the open? if so, as anyone ever noticed that it contained a mag and not a knife/multitool?

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ghost Ridge USA
    Posts
    2,324
    Gould & Goodrich real nice leather I have onein black and brown

  5. #5
    Member Array rawdawg1217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    ks
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    do you carry the knife case in the open? if so, as anyone ever noticed that it contained a mag and not a knife/multitool?

    yes i carry it on my belt and no one has asked about the mag not sure if anyone has saw it i carry a iwb old faithful so i wear my shirt un tucked not even sure if anyone has noticed it works great
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

  6. #6
    Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    1,569
    Just got some mag carriers from kytex.com, read rave reviews from a lot of people on here - they are Very slim and very reasonably priced. I have been carrying a spare in my pocket for around a year (the lint, oh the lint!). I really like them so far, nice to not have my mag get loaded up with lint, and know exactly where my mag is and what position it's in. I'm already considering ordering a few more.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

    G19 AIWB

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    45,516
    When I want two extra mags (for trips to Jax or Orlando) I use this...Fobus Holster: Magazine Pouches, but for just a single mag, I use a multi-tool case...works for me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  8. #8
    Distinguished Member
    Array Old_Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,611
    I always carry a spare mag. Combat and competition experience has taught me that a spare mag is not just for extra ammo. There are types of jams that require you to drop you mag and holding a mag in your hand while you clear the jam and then replacing it is very difficult to do while someone is trying to shoot you. What is worse is when you clear the jam and replace the mag only to have it jam again because the mag is the problem. Anyone who shoots a lot has probably had to drop their mag to clear a jam at some time and knows what I mean. Much easier to drop the mag on the ground, clear the jam and replace with a new mag.

    I could not even think of carrying a gun without a spare mag. Perhaps it is because when I competed I had a box of bad mags, saw guys accidently hit the mag release and drop their mags into mud during the stress of competition, and know the bad feeling you get when you realize that the problem is not the gun but your mag and you have no spare. :)

    I carry my spare mag in a Nemesis pocket mag holder. It is quicker and conceals better for me. I can get it out of my pocket quicker than I can lift my shirt up first and then reach it. Especially with some shirts that are long and require two hands to get them lifted enough to get to the mag.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

  9. #9
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Just got some mag carriers from kytex.com, read rave reviews from a lot of people on here - they are Very slim and very reasonably priced. I have been carrying a spare in my pocket for around a year (the lint, oh the lint!). I really like them so far, nice to not have my mag get loaded up with lint, and know exactly where my mag is and what position it's in. I'm already considering ordering a few more.
    Kytex.com does not exist, the domain name is for sale...can you post a link?

  10. #10
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    When I want two extra mags (for trips to Jax or Orlando) I use this...Fobus Holster: Magazine Pouches, but for just a single mag, I use a multi-tool case...works for me.
    why extra ammo specifically for traveling to Jacksonville and Orlando? is there something i should know about those two cites?

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array Taurahe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis IN
    Posts
    3,889
    I use a SHTF Gear horizontal mag carrier. All leather with metal snap loops, velcro closure. My ruger SR40C mags fit in it perfectly. It is a horizontal carrier so it lies inline with your belt, but it is much more comfortable to me than vertical carriers.
    SHTF Gear Horizontal Magazine Carrier
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

    Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

  12. #12
    Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Nashville, Tn
    Posts
    1,569
    Sorry, it's kytexgear.com.
    technomonster likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

    G19 AIWB

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    I always carry a spare mag. Combat and competition experience has taught me that a spare mag is not just for extra ammo. There are types of jams that require you to drop you mag and holding a mag in your hand while you clear the jam and then replacing it is very difficult to do while someone is trying to shoot you. What is worse is when you clear the jam and replace the mag only to have it jam again because the mag is the problem. Anyone who shoots a lot has probably had to drop their mag to clear a jam at some time and knows what I mean. Much easier to drop the mag on the ground, clear the jam and replace with a new mag.

    I could not even think of carrying a gun without a spare mag. Perhaps it is because when I competed I had a box of bad mags, saw guys accidently hit the mag release and drop their mags into mud during the stress of competition, and know the bad feeling you get when you realize that the problem is not the gun but your mag and you have no spare. :)

    I carry my spare mag in a Nemesis pocket mag holder. It is quicker and conceals better for me. I can get it out of my pocket quicker than I can lift my shirt up first and then reach it. Especially with some shirts that are long and require two hands to get them lifted enough to get to the mag.
    that's a good point, never really thought about that in my seven years of carrying, was thinking about extra ammo in light of recent events and the ever growing number of random shootings. i used to only worry about fending off street thugs (which i have already done, no shots fired) but now I`m thinking about the possibility of having to exchange fire with someone that's armed to the teeth and prepared to die.

    i tend to keep the round count relatively low on my carry gun and i don't use my carry mags for practice so they are always in pristine condition. i put a few hundred rounds through the carry mag before it enters service to make sure they work. thereafter i only use the carry mag every once a while to expend old/chambered ammo as to test the rig for reliability. and then after a year or two the carry mag joins the rest of the practice mags and a new carry mag is bought. just switched to the Hk a few months ago so at some point I`m gonna pick up an identical gun to carry and shoot the heck out of the current one. thinking when it reaches around 10k.

  14. #14
    Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I use a SHTF Gear horizontal mag carrier. All leather with metal snap loops, velcro closure. My ruger SR40C mags fit in it perfectly. It is a horizontal carrier so it lies inline with your belt, but it is much more comfortable to me than vertical carriers.
    SHTF Gear Horizontal Magazine Carrier
    looks like there is just one snap loop, does it have a tendency to wobble?

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array Easy8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    N FT Myers, FL
    Posts
    3,163
    Carry snubs an speed strips
    rawdawg1217 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

leather 40 mag pouch

,

leather magazine holster .40

Click on a term to search for related topics.