GunVault Good Customer Service Experience

This is a discussion on GunVault Good Customer Service Experience within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Gunvault I bought in 2009. 2 weeks ago when I entered my code to open I heard a whir noise but it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By davidw
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: GunVault Good Customer Service Experience

I have a Gunvault I bought in 2009. 2 weeks ago when I entered my code to open I heard a whir noise but it didn't open. I thought it was the batteries and just changed them. Still didn't work. Just got off the phone with customer service. They said they had a 1 year warranty however they realized a few years back that there was a cable defect and since it was a manufacturing defect they would send me a new one. Unrelated I think he said they had taken over Gunvault in 2011.

Anyhow the point is I didn't have to fight a CS rep. No muss, no fuss. No Gunvault in about 4 weeks. Just wanted to let you know they stand behind their product.

Weird coincidence. I literally just had the same thing happen to the GunVault I bought in 2009. I heard the same whirring noise and did an internet research to figure out what happened. Turns out the cable that released the lock snapped. Gave GunVault a call and they simply had me confirm my serial number and they shipped me a new one. It did take several weeks since they didn't have them in stock.

One big upgrade in the new version is that it takes one 9V battery instead of multiple AA batteries. Much easier to change.
    Thanis likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Yes they told be about the battery. Welcome change. It will take about 8 weeks.

Had the same experience. Good service!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Good to hear of a company that stands by their product. Not too frequent nowadays

I have had nothing but good luck with that company. I have This one and plan to get more for other rooms in house.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

I got a Biometric Gunvault for the back of my nightstand and after having trouble programming it, I called customer service and they were very helpful in talking me through it. The CS rep didn't even make me feel like an idiot for not figuring it out,lol.
    M&P Shield 9mm for EDC
    Ruger P90 for the nightstand

Links