Emerson Mini-CQC 15

This is a discussion on Emerson Mini-CQC 15 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been carrying my Emerson Mini-CQC 15 for about 5 months now and love its mean, menacing blade. Its also a great size for EDC ...

Thread: Emerson Mini-CQC 15

Thumbs up Emerson Mini-CQC 15

I've been carrying my Emerson Mini-CQC 15 for about 5 months now and love its mean, menacing blade. Its also a great size for EDC and far tougher than anything I'll ever put it through.

2. Remove Ads

I guess there are so many different types of knives because there are at least that many kinds of people who love them. I've had a couple Emerson's (Horseman and a Mini A-100) and found they weren't to my liking. The Horseman is waved, like your Mini 15, and found that if I wasn't careful, the blade would deploy when I really didn't want it to. I understand it's supposed to deploy while drawing it from the pocket, but doing so took some practice. If you didn't want it to deploy while drawing it from your pocket, you actually have to be careful to draw it so it won't. Hope that makes sense. Beyond that, I think they are a bit overpriced for what you get. Yes, they are tough. But so are a lot of other knives. I have two axis lock BM's and a Spyderco Manix XL. All three less expensive than an Emerson and I'd argue equally as tough.

ps; not to bash the Emerson's,, but I also don't care for the standard Emerson grind. I found it really tough to sharpen. Ultimately, they seem loved or hated....

Links