Alternatives to 5.11 Holster shirt

This is a discussion on Alternatives to 5.11 Holster shirt within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ladies and gentlemen, I have a 5.11 Holster shirt that I just love for CC, the pocket holds the butt of the gun close to ...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a 5.11 Holster shirt that I just love for CC, the pocket holds the butt of the gun close to my ribs and as a result there is no visible print when carrying. I have tried a few other compression shirts, but they all hold the barrel/trigger area of the gun and cause the butt/handle to point outwards from my ribs, making it easier to see the outline of the gun. Most shirts are around $50 but the 5.11 is $70, whilst I love the 5.11, I was wondering if anyone had found something equivalent for a better price, $70 for a T-shirt is just to steep for me, even if it is a good shirt..

I also have an IWB, but actually prefer the 5.11 shirt, but obviously the draw time is slower..

Would welcome all/any suggestions.

Gary

I have a couple of 511 shirts. I never use them and think a shoulder holster is a much better and in the long run, cheaper option.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I have never tried a shoulder holster, I just assumed they would move around too much, the beauty of the 5.11 shirt is that it hugs your torso and does not move (particularly useful if you are doing any kind of physical exercise, cycling, running, etc). Maybe I need to try a genuine shoulder holster? Any recommendations on a good make? I see plenty of IWB and OWB holsters, but not many shoulder holsters.

Gary

Distinguished Member
    I have had a similar question. A shoulder holster seems to be the most comfortable way to carry as long as you can wear 2 layers. In the summer - um, no. But the rest of the year it seems like an excellent rig. Any suggestions from those of you that have gone this route> Good rigs, how to wear them?
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Links