can someone explain to me.....

This is a discussion on can someone explain to me..... within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; can some please explain to mr why the hell crimson trace lasers are so flipping expensive??!!!!! i mean my god 200.00 + clams for a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: can someone explain to me.....

can some please explain to mr why the hell crimson trace lasers are so flipping expensive??!!!!! i mean my god 200.00 + clams for a freakin accessory?

Hmmm... really expensive plastic? I use a lasermax centerfir on my LCR because I refuse to pay 330 bucks for a laser grip
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    I believe it's called "what the market will bear"...
    Taurahe likes this.

Administrator
    Because, well... you cant fix stupid. Thats why. Oh yeah, watch the language work arounds too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Hmmm... really expensive plastic? I use a lasermax centerfir on my LCR because I refuse to pay 330 bucks for a laser grip
    arnt those still over 100.00 bucks? thats still a lot of cabbage. .

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmjoy View Post
    can some please explain to mr why the hell crimson trace lasers are so flipping expensive??!!!!! i mean my god 200.00 + clams for a freakin accessory?
    There are less expensive alternatives.....such as a maglight penlight and duct tape for about $14.00 at Lowes Home Improvement.. may even be able to get red or green lenses...

but seriously...I don't have a clue but I know I'm not buying one even at half that price.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    There are less expensive alternatives.....such as a maglight penlight and duct tape for about $14.00 at Lowes Home Improvement.. may even be able to get red or green lenses...

but seriously...I don't have a clue but I know I'm not buying one even at half that price.
    I like your style. . spoken from a true southerner.. hahaha I kid... I kid.. your aaallll right.
    dben002 likes this.

I purchased mine for $249. off e-bay. I think they can be gotten for less if you shop around...availability is the issue. Good luck in your search!

I don't know enough about laser technology to say for sure, but in addition to profit, the device has to withstand repeated recoil - repeated thousands of times - and continue to work every time it is activated without fail. I'm guessing that the durability takes some extra cost and care in the manufacturing. In any case, I have both a Laser Grip and a LaserMax and have been impressed with both.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Just learn to point shoot. Even lasers can fail.
    Hopyard and pittypat21 like this.

still I mean I could see paying say 75-80 dollars but not double or triple that..

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmjoy View Post
    arnt those still over 100.00 bucks? thats still a lot of cabbage. .
    I have found them for 65 bucks on sale..... mine came with my LCR but I really like it and would gladly spend 100 bucks on it. It is very useful for trigger control training at home, as well as low light shooting and such.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I'd guess CT are probably more expensive because they aren't universal; specific models are needed for specific types of handguns. So, any particular model doesn't have a very large market, but still requires dedicated design time, testing, tooling, setup, logistics, and marketing. This brings up the cost.

I'd also say that this makes them, probably, the best; it turns on when you grip the weapon (far better than a switch forward of the trigger guard), without wires running around to get caught when drawing. This also makes them cosmetically nicer, since they don't make it look like you stapled Christmas lights to your handgun. And, as Nutrodoc says, they have to be well-built to keep functioning after firing without losing the sighting.

Not that I'd buy one personally, at the price, but I understand why people would. Some people buy a $1000 1911 instead of a $600 Glock; that's what they want and what they shoot well with. Some people buy CT's instead of cheaper brands. Cadillacs cost more than Civics, even though they all drive on four wheels.
    ConditionZero and 9mmjoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I'd guess CT are probably more expensive because they aren't universal; specific models are needed for specific types of handguns. So, any particular model doesn't have a very large market, but still requires dedicated design time, testing, tooling, setup, logistics, and marketing. This brings up the cost.

I'd also say that this makes them, probably, the best; it turns on when you grip the weapon (far better than a switch forward of the trigger guard), without wires running around to get caught when drawing. This also makes them cosmetically nicer, since they don't make it look like you stapled Christmas lights to your handgun. And, as Nutrodoc says, they have to be well-built to keep functioning after firing without losing the sighting.

Not that I'd buy one personally, at the price, but I understand why people would. Some people buy a $1000 1911 instead of a $600 Glock; that's what they want and what they shoot well with. Some people buy CT's instead of cheaper brands. Cadillacs cost more than Civics, even though they all drive on four wheels.
    Couldn't have said it better myself, especially the conclusion in bold.

Any further debate on the issue, I'm afraid, will devolve in to class warfare.
    maxwell97 likes this.

You can always save a few more pennies and buy the LCR .22 and practice, practice, practice your point shooting as was mentioned. I bet my LCR 22 has paid for itself twice over in ammo savings by not practicing with .38/.357.
    What better excuse do you need to buy a new toy...
    latentcarry likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links