Grip textures for Glock Gen3 mimicking Gen4?

This is a discussion on Grip textures for Glock Gen3 mimicking Gen4? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I picked up my new Glock 27 Gen 4 and I'm spoiled by the grip. I really do think Glock got it right with ...

Thread: Grip textures for Glock Gen3 mimicking Gen4?

So I picked up my new Glock 27 Gen 4 and I'm spoiled by the grip. I really do think Glock got it right with the texturing (even if I do prefer a 1911 grip angle).

Anyway, my duty weapon is a Glock 21SF. I love it and it fits my hand great but I wish it had different texturing, particularly on the sides.

What grip adhesives are most similar to the gen 4 in terms of a balance between good grip but not too rough? I thought about getting Falcon grips but wasn't sure about which one to get. Thanks.
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm Lassiter View Post
    I thought about getting Falcon grips but wasn't sure about which one to get. Thanks.
    Not sure any are similar to Glock grips. I put Talon Grips on my Gen 3 G26, 19 and 30sf and used the rough-textured finish. Like skateboard tape. I really like the rough surface. But I sanded them down a bit because they were so rough that they would catch my cover shirt and make it stick up.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

You could try the rubberized talon grips. I traded for a G34 a while back and the guy had put some on there, they're fairly grippy but they won't catch on your clothing or be really rough on your hands.

Robhic. Was that the roughest they offered?
    On duty: Glock 21 SF (.45) w/ Safariland Cobra Tactical holster & Remington Hallow-points
    CCW: Glock 19 Gen 3 (9mm) w/ Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster
    Magtech Hollow-points

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm Lassiter View Post
    Robhic. Was that the roughest they offered?
    I think it's the only texture (besides rubber) they offered. I only remember the two and I was trying to replace some rubber sleeves I had that kept moving around. The rough appealed to me and I'm glad I did it.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I suppose the Gen 4 texture may be better to some, but I've never had a grip issue with my Gen3 Glock 30 here in hot, humid, sweaty south FL. I do think the interchangeable back straps improves the fit over a wider range of hand sizes.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am currently running grips from Tractiongrips. I like the textured rubber. They provide grip without grabing my shirt or grinding my skin.

Sponsored Links