Bugging out! BOBing for MOLLE's

This is a discussion on Bugging out! BOBing for MOLLE's within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello again my "two N D" friends, it's your resident gun newb again. This time I'm looking for a recommendation on a pack to use ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Bugging out! BOBing for MOLLE's

Bugging out! BOBing for MOLLE's

Hello again my "two N D" friends, it's your resident gun newb again.

This time I'm looking for a recommendation on a pack to use to setup a proper bugout bag. The two I have been looking at is the Condor Tactial large Molle system and the 5.11 72 hour Molle pack. Both have been getting good remarks, but they are very different in price. Is there any other reason for this other than brand name? Perhaps you guys and gals can offer other recommendations.

Thanks again
    Matt
    "Life is the best teacher, and her lessons are often learned too late, but when Thunder speaks, we have no choice but to listen."

Wisdom imparted to me by an old, blind Mi'kmaq at ceremony. Unforgettable.

2. Remove Ads

Go to goodwill and buy a used inconspicuous back pack. I bought a nice heavy duty LL Bean bag for cheap and that's what I use. You dont want to stick out in a real situation.

-Jason
    NH_Esau, MJClark and StormRhydr like this.

I don't know. I want something that is functional and efficient. I'm not sure a goodwill bag is going to suit my needs. I think I would be ok with a single color bag. If I went camo, that would really stick out. At least where I live it would.
    "Life is the best teacher, and her lessons are often learned too late, but when Thunder speaks, we have no choice but to listen."

Wisdom imparted to me by an old, blind Mi'kmaq at ceremony. Unforgettable.

I have a Camelbak BEF pack. The only advice I can give is to have a hydro system incorporated in the bag

It also has the MOLLE stripes you're looking for.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Administrator
    Hi Matt

It warms my heart to see a person on a hunt for a suitable Bug Out Bag.

You would be OK with either of those two.

You should also take a look at the Camelbak offerings which I think have the best interior set-up. Just my personal opinion on that.

I am using the Camelbak BMF.

I would suggest that rather than just looking at still pictures which can only tell you so much...you should search each one on YouTube and check out the Video reviews of all that you may be interested in. Much of your ultimate decision will be personal preference.

Another bag that you may want to check out would be the Maxpedition 514B VULTURE II which is a 3 Day.

That is also a popular B.O.B.
    DefConGun likes this.

Administrator
    Don't forget to also shop for a few MAXPEDITION Grimloc locking D rings which come in super handy on a B.O.B.
    What a great and practical invention.

Tzadik likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I am a fan of the Rush bags myself. My every day bag is a Rush 12 but I do have a few 24's stashed in vehicles and in the basement.

Just picked up a rush 72 a couple of weeks ago. The thing is huge and full it weighs a ton.
    Good bag, but too big for me to handle on anything but real short hikes.

also have a MOAB10 just a little too small for my needs and only has the one strap.

well made packs with plenty of places to stash stuff.

Administrator
    My "gut" tells me that this is going to get quite confusing for this OP after all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    My "gut" tells me that this is going to get quite confusing for this OP after all is said and done.
    For some much needed added confusion, don't forget about your dog. They can be useful too.

A Survivalist Dog's Bug Out Bag For When SHTF - YouTube
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Choices.....I love choices :) I just picked up a Molle Vest to carry my important stuff close and available :)

BACKPACKS

Cheers

My suggestion is to decide what equipment you're going to carry, then find a sturdy, subdued, affordable bag with hydration system to put the stuff in that is big enough, but not much bigger. I carry a Camelbak Talon. My son carries a Condor (not sure the model). Both work well. I was a SERE Instructor for years, and people tend to want to take everything for every situation. Toss in the kitchen sink as "they" say. Soon, you can't tell the difference between your BOB and your expedition pack for a week in the Smokey Mountains. One of our catch phrases was "a survival expert is one who trains to do more and more, with less and less, until he can do everything with nothing." :-)
    Retired Combat Infantryman, Ranger, Special Forces, Master Parachutist, Pathfinder

Oderint Dum Metuant

Springfield M1A Scout and M4 (Zombie Apocalypse), Remington 870 (Home Defense), Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC), Sig P238 (BUG)

Administrator
    That is good and wise advice archer. Unfortunately it is not great advice for me. Because if I Bug Out things are really going to have to be Serious SHTF and I will be humping for 2 adult people since my Wife can carry very little due to an earlier whiplash injury.

They will be serving Renuite On Ice in Hades before my Wife will ever do everything with nothing.
    So my BOB is Heavy (though I HAVE managed to lighten things up a bit by doing some judicious "switching out" of some items) and I just plan on caching some items if necessary if things begin to get too heavy - since I am not getting any younger as the years roll on by.
    Though I try hard to stay in decent shape.
    archercj1954 likes this.

Cacheing is a great idea, although at my age, I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, much less where I stored my 30 day supply of food in the Pisgah Mountains!
    Retired Combat Infantryman, Ranger, Special Forces, Master Parachutist, Pathfinder

Oderint Dum Metuant

Springfield M1A Scout and M4 (Zombie Apocalypse), Remington 870 (Home Defense), Kimber Pro TLE II (EDC), Sig P238 (BUG)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links