Laser sight

Laser sight

This is a discussion on Laser sight within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I am looking to purchase a GLOCK 26. I am thinking of adding a laser sight. (armalaser.com) Is this a good sight? Is there ...

Thread: Laser sight

Laser sight

Hello
    I am looking to purchase a GLOCK 26. I am thinking of adding a laser sight. (armalaser.com)

Is this a good sight? Is there other laser sight on the market with out spending an arm and leg?
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

I'm not an expert by any means but in the last 2 years i've had over 250 hours of training.
    I have found that in stressful encounters laser sights don't work well....reason for me is that your eyes will focus on the laser and not your subject at hand and also the surroundings.

just an opinion !

My only questions is what about holsters. I don't know of any that would fit.

Administrator
    As glockguy pointed out, laser sights are a false sense of security when it comes to true combat shooting. Spend your money on quality training.

I am not sure about that product...as said before finding GOOD holsters that will also accommodate that system will be difficult. I personally use a laser max. Now for my rant about lasers.

I love my lasermax...it is not a crutch but another tool in my bag. It carries the international sign of "I mean business." I have read many incidents where using the laser gets people to stop what they are doing when pointing a pistol at them doesn't. (Now for those who say they don't point their pistol at someone with out shooting them...bring on the flamming.) Shooting someone is my last resort...if the situation allows, verbal commands and use of my laser will be present, if there is no time and the situation unfolds too quickly...I shoot the BG.

Administrator
    This is a old, tired debate, but chances are if you need to break leather as a CCW holder, there will not be time for the BG to think about his actions and your laser.

If you must have one, the lasermax is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock View Post
    I love my lasermax...it is not a crutch but another tool in my bag.
    +1 Great answer!!!

I don't have a laser on my CCW, but I have an M6 light/laser combo on my home defense gun, a glock 21. Becuase... you'll never know.

I agree with Go Glock. I also have a lasermax and it has saved my life. Being in LE my training almost always says give commands unless the event is moving to rapid to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Glock View Post
    I am not sure about that product...as said before finding GOOD holsters that will also accommodate that system will be difficult. I personally use a laser max. Now for my rant about lasers.

I love my lasermax...it is not a crutch but another tool in my bag. It carries the international sign of "I mean business." I have read many incidents where using the laser gets people to stop what they are doing when pointing a pistol at them doesn't. (Now for those who say they don't point their pistol at someone with out shooting them...bring on the flamming.) Shooting someone is my last resort...if the situation allows, verbal commands and use of my laser will be present, if there is no time and the situation unfolds too quickly...I shoot the BG.

It's one more visual sign to a BG that you have the ability to stop this fight. If that is enough to stop me from having to pull the trigger in an emergency, then it was well worth the money. Enough about that, this thread isn't a laser debate! He wants one. I have an armalaser on my kel-tec and it works great. The thing I liked most about it is the touch on switch. It sits inside the trigger guard and is activated by the natural conductive energy in your finger. No accidental on, no wasted battery. No turning it off. After 12 seconds it goes off automatically. This wasn't even a selling point for me but became the thing I like about it most. Simple and constructed well, a rather cheap buy for the quality. It has stayed on target for 300 or so rounds I have run through it. I say try it out.
    Attached Images
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

OK, thank you every one. Now I have more info to make a decision. I will get the laser I planed on. But I will not depend on it. I will not look at the red dot but I will look at my subject. And if the BG sees the red dot on him and knows I mean business then that's good. (he lives). Thanks for the response. Phone guy. (Yes I work on office phone systems for work.)
    To close for missiles, switching to guns.

Lead Moderator
    Another consideration, the laser painting the BG might give away how much you are shaking. It could possibly make the BG think you are scared(rightly so).
    Also, I see you say you will just look at the target not the laser. it isn't that simple. Under stress , people tend to get tunnel vision and focus on a small area.
    Nothing wrong with lasers, just understand there may be some drawbacks to using em too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Administrator
    Plan on spending an arm and a leg.
    If you want either a Laser Max or a Crimson trace then fork out the cash & don't look back because they are not cheap units.
    That's the reality. Either of the "big two" are expensive.
    There's really no cheap way out if you want a top quality laser system for your firearm.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Phoneguy....I will caution you on a laser. Yes they are nice. My agency shoots more than any other agency in the country, however, I took my CTC laser grips off my Sig for two reasons. First it wasnt approved, but mainly because under stressful situations your eyes will turn to the laser, not your front sight. What we found in numerious range test of high quality shooters, is that it takes longer to get a target hit when using a laser than when using your front sight. I hope your happy with it, and I do have one on snub nose but its front sight is real hard to see.

I just urge you to train with the laser, and set it up so that it sets right about your front site post, so that when you align you front sight its sits right there.

Good luck.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Links