Meprolight - My own Mistake

This is a discussion on Meprolight - My own Mistake within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any advice is appreciated. I didn't apparently do enough research on the night sights I bought. I bought Meprolights, which are great sights. But I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Haig
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Meprolight - My own Mistake

Any advice is appreciated. I didn't apparently do enough research on the night sights I bought. I bought Meprolights, which are great sights. But I didn't pay attention (lesson learned) and didn't do enough research (again, lesson learned) and bought orange rear sights. I should have bought all green, much brighter.

I got them for about $80, which isn't a lot of money but isn't a tiny amount either.

Should I just deal with them, or could I maybe get a little money back selling them on eBay or something after getting new, all green sights installed? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Even if I could find just the green rear sight somewhere...

Part of me also thinks having this setup might be for the best. We want to train in on the front sight, and be able to tell them apart (even if I am colorblind)....

Maybe I'm thinking too hard. The guy at the LGS made a lot of sense when he said he doesn't even carry anything but green/green, but now I have a ton of thoughts about it and not sure which ones to trust.

I have the exact sights you speak of on all of my Glocks and really like them. Having the the two different colors really makes the front sight stand out when shooting low light drills. I would keep them and really give them a try.
    liquid150 likes this.

Administrator
    Truthfully I think that it's better to not have your rear Tritium as bright as your front. The green front with the orange rear is a nice combination. You'll want to focus on your front and just have the orange sort of evenly present on the right and left.

Dim the lights and then decide for yourself. Different eyes on different people perceive colors differently.
    liquid150 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The green is a lot brighter than the orange. I am quite colorblind (which isn't so bad, I make up for it with "better than perfect" vision acuity) so the colors, when next to each other, look exactly the same.

Now that it's night, I took a look with all the lights off and I'm not as bothered by this. I agree that it's probably a good idea to have the brighter sight be on front, as that is where we want vision to naturally move.

Thanks for your help guys.

Sponsored Links