Ameriglo Pro Operator Night Sights - Quick Review

This is a discussion on Ameriglo Pro Operator Night Sights - Quick Review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought I'd do a quick review of my new Ameriglo Pro Operator Night Sights now that I've had a few range trips and some ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat

Thread: Ameriglo Pro Operator Night Sights - Quick Review

VIP Member

I thought I'd do a quick review of my new Ameriglo Pro Operator Night Sights now that I've had a few range trips and some dry fire practice with them. First off, I've been on record here as not being hugely enamored with night sights in general. I think they're great for a very small segment of lighting conditions, but under most conditions, I just don't see much benefit to them. I've shot a lot of rounds with the standard Glock sights and they've always worked as needed, so I've just always found other things to spend money on... Anyway, my one gripe with the stock sights is the rear notch width. I have been wanting something wider and when I came across a pretty good deal on some Ameriglo Pro Operators, I thought it was time to pick some up.

The Pro Operators have a 0.180" rear notch, whereas the stock Glock sights (on a G26) is 0.140" and has Trijicon tritium inserts. The front sight is 0.125", also having a Trijicon tritium insert as well as a white outline around the tritium, helping the front sight really stand out. The Pro Operator rears also extend toward the rear and bring the sight line almost to the rear of the slide. It only brings the rear sight line back about 0.25 to 0.3" but I figure on a short barrel like the 26, anything that extends the sight radius is a good thing. They are offered in Green/Green and Green/Yellow. I chose the G/Y and I am very pleased with that color combination. The front stands out well in well lit conditions as well as dim lighting where the tritium takes effect.

Overall I think it's been a very good upgrade to my CCW. I'm looking forward to getting some more range time in and hopefully get to utilize them in some low light practice where I can really take advantage of the tritium.

No pictures yet (sorry) but here's one to give you some idea on how they look...

67762143.jpg
    tmoore912 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Nice write up.

Sometime in the future you ought to consider purchasing the Hackathorn ProGlo Front sight from Ameriglo to evaluate. In regular lighting, that front sight is very quick to pick up.

AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Front Sights
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Nice write up.

Sometime in the future you ought to consider purchasing the Hackathorn ProGlo Front sight from Ameriglo to evaluate. In regular lighting, that front sight is very quick to pick up.

AmeriGlo Weapon Sights | Front Sights
    Yeah, that looks like it would be a great front sight for point shooting. It should stand up and be noticed without much difficulty!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member
    matts phone 063.jpgmatts phone 062.jpgNice review! I have the pro I-dots, LOVE em. The front sight is great for fast acquisition and the wide rear notch is probably my favorite thing about them. I just put a second set on my 19, but with the orange front sight. Now that I have tried orange vs yellow, yellow is FAR better IMO. I've been kicking around the idea of trying a rear sight like yours for a little more precision on longer distances.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Links