Colorado's Magpul to give away 1,500 30-round mags in last protest Read more: Colora

Colorado's Magpul to give away 1,500 30-round mags in last protest Read more: Colora

This is a discussion on Colorado's Magpul to give away 1,500 30-round mags in last protest Read more: Colora within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got to love a company that will not go quietly Colorado's Magpul to give away 1,500 30-round mags in last protest - The Denver Post...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Colorado's Magpul to give away 1,500 30-round mags in last protest Read more: Colora

WHEC724 and DJC7 like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Oh the carnage! Millions of high capacity assault clips and bullets set free upon Colorado, run for the mountains!

Are they still moving from CO like they promised?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Going down swinging. What a great company!

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Are they still moving from CO like they promised?
    The last I have heard is they will not be moving. They can not afford the move, if they did move it would most likely bankrupt the company. The President spoke without checking to see if it would really be possible.

I'll feel much safer when the new law takes effect and I can only be shot 15 times before reloading.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Looks like I will be heading to the park on Saturday and claiming a free mag. I <3 Magpul
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Go Magpul!!! and take others (and jobs) with you.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot View Post
    Go Magpul!!! and take others (and jobs) with you.
    They won't be leaving the state, so they are not taking any jobs out of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    The last I have heard is they will not be moving. They can not afford the move, if they did move it would most likely bankrupt the company. The President spoke without checking to see if it would really be possible.
    Hmmm but they can give away 1500 of their product? I realize I have no idea what the cost of 1500 magazines and moving an operation out of state (they are probably not even close) but I am dissappointed.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I, too, am disappointed, but not surprised. The sad part is that many other sites (states) would have offered huge incentives to get Magpul to re-locate. I have been involved in a few re-locations and am well aware of the costs involved. In this case, however, I feel the long term benefits would have outweighed the additional costs involved, but the amortization of the costs would have been a long time coming. Perhaps Magpul is counting on the recall efforts making a difference.

I expect they determined moving their injection molding machines would probably have irreparably impacted their ability to continue to compete in the market place. Just imagine, they would not only have the cost of moving the equipment, but they would still have to make payments on equipment that would be idle for a year, or more. In addition, how would the public react to the possibility of Magpul accessories being gone from the marketplace for as much as a year.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Magpul has stated on their Facebook page that they are still leaving . Earlier they said mag production has already moved out of state.

edited, added text: Here is a cut and paste from the Facebook page I was talking about earlier.

Magpul Industries Corp. shared a link.
    19 hours ago
    www.freecolorado.net

Tickets are moving quickly...don't miss out. Live music, good food, free PMAGs for the first 1500 through the gate, PMAGs and Magpul SWAG for sale, all going to fight for pro-2A causes in CO. Sat 29 June, starting 4pm.

Just to clarify, it seems many of the local news outlets are billing us as an "ammunition" company, and saying that we will be giving out free ammo. This is incorrect...as you all know, we build magazines and accessories, and it is empty, 20 and 30 round magazines that will be for sale and also given away for the first 1500.

And also, if you haven't been keeping up with our responses lately, YES, we are still leaving CO. Our senior executive team is in negotiations today in yet another unnamed state on that very topic. Remember folks, we're moving the whole Magpul organization and a large handful of our biggest suppliers are coming with us, so there are a LOT of things to hash out. We're getting down to the brass tacks, and we hope to be able to make a public announcement soon.
    Last edited by remington79; June 28th, 2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: added text
    joker1 likes this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar

Magpul Giving Out 1500, 30 rd Mags

Just fyi,for those,who may not have heard,and interested.I didn't know where it should go.If this is a duplicate thread my bad.

Gun Manufacturer?s Big Act of Defiance Ahead of New Magazine Ban in Colorado | TheBlaze.com
    357and40 likes this.

I wonder if,anyone will show up,lol.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Nah Brent,i doubt anyone will be there,lmao.

I just bought 4 of their pmags, glad to be supporting a US company that stands up to the silliness.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links