Nebo Redline Select

This is a discussion on Nebo Redline Select within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with these? Looking for a new bedside flashlight and can get one for 32 when it retails for 50. Let me know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Nebo Redline Select

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar

Nebo Redline Select

Anyone have experience with these? Looking for a new bedside flashlight and can get one for 32 when it retails for 50. Let me know your experiences

Sent from my DROID RAZR cuz robots are cooler than fruit.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    No experience with the select, but I carry a Nebo Redline #5557. Haven't had any complaints with it.

https://www.nebotools.com/prod_details.php?id=83&cid=16
    squid86 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Nebo Redline. I have one. Still working just fine.

I bought one for my little Brother and my Nephew and they still have them.
    squid86 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have 2. Great little lights. They work well and throw plenty of light. For $32 you should get AT LEAST one.
    squid86 likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

thanks guys. no bad responses so looks like ill at least be getting one to try :)
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I am a little late on tbis thread, ordered two Nebo flashlights last week.
    I have been carrying CSI Edge 90, it was 12.00 and I think it is as bright as my big Mag Lite,
    Ordered a Blueline for my Wife to put in her purse and the Redline SE for me.
    Hope it's not too uncomfortable all day in pocket
    squid86 likes this.

well i got this shortly after i posted the last time. the light i must say is awesome. on flood i can light up and entire room easily. also if i take it outside it will light up most of the backyard. zoom it in and its like daylight in that area. i usually keep it on flood since the area it covers is so giant. i took it down with me this past weekend when i went to west virginia visiting family, and it was awesome. had nightvision to spot animals and then i would light em up with my flashlight so others could see. definitely and awesome flashlight and well worth it.

for me it is a little too bulky for all day pocket carry, but im used to a tiny streamlight microstream. i carried in my pocket when walking around at night down in WV just because of how much it lit up and you never know what critters are around there. cargo pocket carry will probably be a better carry spot for you for all day carry. hope you like yours when you get it, i love mine.
    USN Veteran

Thanks for the review squid86, I am looking forward to receiving it.
    If you got out in 86 that would make me " jarhead83 "

Thanks Again
    squid86 likes this.

Administrator
    Just FYI Slightly off topic but, flashlight related.

For those of you that own an old turned Aluminum MAGLITE (since a member brought up Maglite) I have one that uses 5 "D" Cell batteries.
    You can buy a CREE replacement bulb and get rid of those old style flashlight bulbs.

It puts out 140 Lumens and does not burn out at the worst possible time like the old flashlight bulbs did.

$16.00 and Free Shipping on Ebay.

The new CREE replacement bulb made it possible for me to take my trusty old anemic bean-cracker lite out of mothballs and I now keep it in the vehicle.
    BigJon10125 and squid86 like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Awesome! I have always disliked the yellow light of the maglight compared to my fenix, but for home and vehicle use I prefer the "bean cracker" ability of the venerable Mag light
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

For those of you that own an old turned Aluminum MAGLITE (since a member brought up Maglite) I have one that uses 5 "D" Cell batteries.
    You can buy a CREE replacement bulb and get rid of those old style flashlight bulbs.

It puts out 140 Lumens and does not burn out at the worst possible time like the old flashlight bulbs did.

The new CREE replacement bulb made it possible for me to take my trusty old anemic bean-cracker lite out of mothballs and I now keep it in the vehicle.
    That was me, Thanks for the tip,I will get one!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

Thanks for the tip. Will have to check them out

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    USN Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    well i got this shortly after i posted the last time. the light i must say is awesome. on flood i can light up and entire room easily. also if i take it outside it will light up most of the backyard. zoom it in and its like daylight in that area. i usually keep it on flood since the area it covers is so giant. i took it down with me this past weekend when i went to west virginia visiting family, and it was awesome. had nightvision to spot animals and then i would light em up with my flashlight so others could see. definitely and awesome flashlight and well worth it.

for me it is a little too bulky for all day pocket carry, but im used to a tiny streamlight microstream. i carried in my pocket when walking around at night down in WV just because of how much it lit up and you never know what critters are around there. cargo pocket carry will probably be a better carry spot for you for all day carry. hope you like yours when you get it, i love mine.
    Just got my Redline,you are right, OK for cargo pocket,way too big for EDC in jeans. Nice light though, will keep in car or on nightstand.
    squid86 likes this.

I carry the NEBO blueline in my pocket everyday. I have been carrying them for a few years now and use it daily. I would guess Im on my 3-4th of daily use but at $15-$20 each Im pleased. I think the size is perfect.

Thanks, I just ordered 2 for my Wife 1 for purse 1 for night stand, If I like the size I will get 1 for myself.
    I can't afford the super compact & powerful Surefire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links