Defensive Carry banner

4th Generation Glock Mags?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ShackleMeNot 
#1 ·
I hope this isn't a repeat thread, I apologize if it si. I did look around first.

But, I own a G23 and G19, the kind with the finger grooves and rail on the frame. Those are the 3rd generation, right?

I recently saw an add in one of the Shotgun News advertising a "New" Glock magazine that was a Generation 4.
Can anyone tell mw what the difference is between these 4th Gen. mags and the others?

Thanks!

#3 ·
No hard facts yet, but the word is the Gen 4 Glocks will have an ambi. mag release, as well as a manual safety. I have seen a few pics of the new mags, which have a slot in the front to accommodate the ambi. mag release.

#5 ·
I don't have any official knowledge of it, but looking at the photo above, I have to suspect that there are big enough differences that they wouldn't interchange.

But as I said, what do I know?

EDIT: STRIKE that. Now I realize that what I thought was a big difference is just the fact that in one mag, there is a round at the top, and in the other, we see the follower. If you allow for the follower, it looks like the top of the mag seems like the one on the right...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.