M&P40 Light Choices

This is a discussion on M&P40 Light Choices within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good Afternoon All, Was hoping to find a good lead on some lights for HD on my S&W M&P40. I've been looking around and haven't ...

Thread: M&P40 Light Choices

M&P40 Light Choices

Good Afternoon All,

Was hoping to find a good lead on some lights for HD on my S&W M&P40. I've been looking around and haven't really found much to peak my interest. Only main requirements for me are: Obviously must attach to the rail on the gun, will only be used for home defense and the brighter the better, preferably at least 100 lumens. I would like for it be enough to light up a room and blind the BG at the same time. Any fellow M&P owners have anything they can recommend? S&W only offers laser sights from what I've recently seen.

Appreciate the help in advance ladies and gent's.

-Kyle

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    I use a old M6 streamlight, the newer models with LED lamps seem even better. Almost any rail mounted light should work , for reliability I would recommend sticking with bigger name brand lights (sure fire , streamlight). Also the Surefire Fury is getting some good reviews.
    Whatever light you get, find someone who can train you on weapon light usage.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Streamlight TLR-3 is what I use on mine and it works well, its bright enough.

The Inforce APL WML is getting some good attention from trainers and serious shooters. They make a nice momentary On rifle/shotgun light too. Pistol Lights | INFORCE®

Impact Weapons Components

It's shorter, narrower, and lighter than the TLR-1 or the Surefire X300.

Some Specs:
    200 Lumens
    Run time: 1.5 hours

Bilateral paddle switches offer:
    • On/off switch operation with either hand
    • Natural finger movement to activate the switches
    • Constant and momentary options

Length: 3 in. / 7.619 cm.
    Width: 1.2 in. / 3.048 cm.
    Weight: 2.83 oz. / 80.229 g.
    Batteries: 1 x 123A Lithium

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I like my S&W Micro 90 for my M&P's, it fits the compact models and looks great on the full size as it sits flush with the muzzle and doesn't protrude past like all other lights on the market. It is small, durable, powerful at 90 lumens, and lightweight and backed with S&W's warranty.

On sale now:
    Smith & Wesson Micro 90 Tactical Weapon Mounted Flashlight White LED

Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Links