Aftermarket grip problem

This is a discussion on Aftermarket grip problem within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently got a used Beretta Tomcat for pocket carry. The plastic grips were on it, but it also had nice wood grips with it. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Philly Boy

Thread: Aftermarket grip problem

Aftermarket grip problem

Recently got a used Beretta Tomcat for pocket carry. The plastic grips were on it, but it also had nice wood grips with it. I put on the grips and, then, the thumb safety was a beast to move--- if it moved at all!-- and the tilt-up barrel latch was impossible to move without having to push it with a screw driver or whatever was handy. I shot the gun with the stock grips and there was no problem with anything, so I'm assuming the wood grips are the problem. Short of, maybe, cutting/sanding the grips for a better fit, is there anything else to be done? The original owner sent me the website of the maker. Thanks for any help.
    wmhawth likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

Problem solved by " my " local gunsmith. The sear spring (?) somehow got bent and, after must searching, this was discovered and the spring straightened out. However, the barrel flip up latch was still extremely hard to push, so " my guy " sanded the lip off of the left side of the grip and... YIPPEE! now all is well in Tomcat land and everything works the way it should. Good guys sometimes win--- that's the GS, not me... however...! As Hickok 45 says, " LIFE IS GOOD!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Links