Fenix PD35 LED Flashlight - EDC, Tactical Excellence!

This is a discussion on Fenix PD35 LED Flashlight - EDC, Tactical Excellence! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Specifications: • Cree XM-L2 (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours • Uses one 18650 rechargeable battery (Li-ion) or two 3V CR123A batteries (Lithium) ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By e4dan
  • 1 Post By ExaltedOne

Thread: Fenix PD35 LED Flashlight - EDC, Tactical Excellence!

Specifications:
    • Cree XM-L2 (U2) LED with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
    • Uses one 18650 rechargeable battery (Li-ion) or two 3V CR123A batteries (Lithium)
    • Output mode / Runtime:
    Turbo: 850 lumens / 1h 15min
    High: 450 lumens / 2h 30min
    Mid: 170 lumens / 7h 45min
    Low: 45 lumens / 29h
    Eco: 10 lumens / 140h
    Strobe: 850 lumens
    • Dimensions and Weight:
    Length: 5.1" / 130mm
    Diameter: 1.0" / 25.4mm
    Head Diameter: 1.0" / 25.4mm
    Weight: 3.1oz / 87gm
    • Digitally regulated output - maintains constant brightness
    • Reverse polarity protection, to protect from improper battery installation
    • Over heat protection to avoid high-temperature of the surface
    • Anti-roll, slip-resistant body design
    • Tactical tail switch with momentary-on function
    • Side switch in the head
    • Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
    • Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
    • Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
    • Whats in the box: Light, Sheath, Lanyard, Seals, and User Manual

Today I am reviewing the Fenix PD35 LED flashlight. The PD35 is a new addition to the outstanding PD series family. What sets this light apart from the others, well, it's very VERY bright for it's overall size. At only 5" long you get an astounding 850 lumens of light output!

To put that into perspective, my Fenix TK35 is about 6.5" long with a 2" diameter head and it's 820 lumens. As you can see by comparing the TK35 to this new PD35, you are getting a lot for the money in a compact package. And speaking of money, this light is just under $75 bucks. The price, parts, and overall functionality of this light really make it one of my favorite lights I've reviewed.

To read the full Fenix PD35 review with tons of pictures check out my website - BLADE REVIEWS 101

Do you have a PD35? If so let me know what you think,

Thanks
    - Scott
    Blade Reviews 101 - Knife, Tactical & Survival Gear Reviews
    The Knife Exchange - Buy, Sell, and Trade Knives
    Facebook - Instagram

I own many Fenix lights and they are all great. I am currently moving away from the cr123 and 18650 lights for expense and the ease of finding batteries. The AA lights from Fenix are excellent!

My 4-sevens 2-AA powered light recently stoppped working (it rolled off the counter one time too many). The Fenix PD-35 was not yet available. I purchased a PD32 with two 18650 batteries and charger for less than $85 (including shipping). Great EDC light! 340 luments, long run-time, good interface, excellent beam quality. This light has some flats on the body.. better at staying where it's told.
    maniacmechanic likes this.
    "A man's got to know his limitations." Inspector Harry Callahan

My 'tactical' lights are a TK10 that is now almost five years old and an even older Surefire G2Z. To my mind, an important design feature of a tactical light is that it easily accommodates a cigar grip with a pistol. While I like the PD series specs, it seems to me that they do not lend themselves to a cigar grip and therefore would be at a disadvantage as a tactical light. Am I missing something here?

This is what I have also and love it.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I have the PD32 and it works for me.
    maniacmechanic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by e4dan View Post
    My 4-sevens 2-AA powered light recently stoppped working (it rolled off the counter one time too many). The Fenix PD-35 was not yet available. I purchased a PD32 with two 18650 batteries and charger for less than $85 (including shipping). Great EDC light! 340 luments, long run-time, good interface, excellent beam quality. This light has some flats on the body.. better at staying where it's told.
    I'd contact Foursevens, your light should still be under warranty. Then you can have two great lights!

Just got back in with playing with the PD35 out in the dark (along with the new EB2 from Surefire)

Imagine stepping out on your back deck and lighting up your whole back yard, and that's what you can do with the PD35. It puts out a lot of light, but it has a wide beam, which is going to be true with most lights with a XML LED. Due to the huge light output, it still throws pretty good as well.

I migrated from the PD32 to a Surefire Fury and have never looked back.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I have the PD32 and the PD32UE which are both great lights. If I didn't already have the 32UE I would buy the PD35, but the specs are pretty close between the 2 so it doesn't makes sense for me to get another light that is similar to the one I already have. I don't think you will ever regret buying the PD35. If I were you I'd get some high capacity 18650 rechargeables for it to save on buying CR123s.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

Links