XS big dots on a Glock...how do you know

This is a discussion on XS big dots on a Glock...how do you know within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; That the rear sight is centered ? Seems as if being off center even a hair in the placement of the rear sight will cause ...

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

That the rear sight is centered ? Seems as if being off center even a hair in the placement of the rear sight will cause problems at more than 15 yards.... Anyone done this...did you go to a range and sight align after the change?
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

On my Kahrs, I simply measured (I. e. same distance from each side). All three were right on target.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    That the rear sight is centered ? Seems as if being off center even a hair in the placement of the rear sight will cause problems at more than 15 yards.... Anyone done this...did you go to a range and sight align after the change?
    Tighten down the set screws but don't locktite the sight in until you are certain it's where you want it. Take it to the range. After you've made the adjustments you need apply the locktite as per instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Tighten down the set screws but don't locktite the sight in until you are certain it's where you want it. Take it to the range. After you've made the adjustments you need apply the locktite as per instructions.
    I tried to use this method as I had the same concern as the OP, whether simply measuring would do the trick. After about 3 shots those set screws were so loose that the rear site was sliding back and forth and I had neglected to bring the allen wrench with me. I went home, recentered and applied the locktite. Turns out that the measuring method worked just fine. By the time I was installing a set on a 2nd Glock, I had a better option. After measuring and centering the rear site, I tightened down the set screws and then used my Laserlyte cartridge in the gun to verify that it was aiming true. Once again the measuring method worked just fine and no adjustments were needed (although I liked the added certainty with the Laserlyte verification)

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Erm, test it? Shoot it from a sandbag, and if it shoots left or right, drift the rear sight accordingly.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    Erm, test it? Shoot it from a sandbag, and if it shoots left or right, drift the rear sight accordingly.
    can you do that after applying the locktight?
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    can you do that after applying the locktight?
    The XS Sights come with red locktite and after you apply that around the sight believe me when I say, that sight isn't easy to move. If you are installing your XS big dot sights do yourself a favor and get the adjustments made to zero in before you apply the locktite.

Links