If I had cargo pants..................

This is a discussion on If I had cargo pants.................. within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; would I carry more stuff? I realized I don't have cargo pants, and my jeans far pretty full. Would the extra room make me want ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: If I had cargo pants..................

would I carry more stuff? I realized I don't have cargo pants, and my jeans far pretty full. Would the extra room make me want to carry more edc type items on me?

Does anyone find this to be true? when you wear cargo pants do you find that you carry more stuff than when you don't wear them?

Wear cargo shorts most days, till carry same old thing, image.jpg if I travel to miami an feel the need for more capacity carry CZ image.jpg
    357and40 likes this.

No, but I carry the same amount of stuff more comfortably. And I look good doing it. YMMV.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Outside of work, I don't wear them. Too utilitarian for me.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I wear black BDU's to work and OD BDU's at home and to most casual places.

I don't carry more stuff but the options are there to do it comfortably. The side pockets are also large enough to carry my P-3AT and MPC Extrema Ratio combat folder.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    If I had cargo pants, would I carry more stuff?
    I don't find myself doing so, no. My reason for better cuts of pants is to allow room for what I do need to carry. I do, though, have a lean & mean version of my daily carry load (which includes an ultra-skinny wallet and smaller knife, for example). But I really try hard to not simply fill up the extra pockets just because they're there.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The only thing I realized, by wearing cargo pants/shorts, is that now my wife has somewhere to put her glasses.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I have cargo pants & shorts. I also have some 511 shorts etc. But, as I get older I find myself carrying more minimally than I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    The only thing I realized, by wearing cargo pants/shorts, is that now my wife has somewhere to put her glasses.
    Though, if you use the back pocket, I'm sure that'll be the last time that request will come down the pike.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thumbs up Cargo Pants Always - to the rangee

I wear them BECAUSE I can carry more stuff:

I always wear cargo pants to the range. For a 'serious' shoot I can load up 8 or 9 mags, put 3 on my waist, a couple in a back pocket and the rest in a leg pocket. While I watch "the guys" lug their range bags from one shooting station to the next, I smile as I reach into one leg pocket for the next set of mags while stuffing the empties into the other leg pocket. AND I still have the regular side pockets for kleenex, cigarettes, etc.

Long pants for cool weather, cargo shorts for really hot summer days. Even for shoots which will need only 3 mags I still prefer the cargo pants! No jeans at the range for this old gal!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    My REC doesn't change, but I am almost always wearing cargo shorts. I like having the option to be able to carry more, especially since one of my pockets is taken for pocket carry.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

I could rule the world?
    ShooterGranny and Sister like this.

I carry about the same stuff - it's just MORE COMFORTABLE in cargos. I can put my phone down in the leg pocket for example, and not have to either sit on it or move it when I get in the car, plus it's less sweaty since it doesn't ride as tight. Same for pens, when I sit on em I tend to break em.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

I dont think I own a pair of cargo pants except maybe a couple of camo ones for deer hunting. Always been a blue jeans guy. But as I get older Im beginning to think maybe of getting some. Apparently Ive looked in the wrong stores though cuz the ones ive found are very thin fabric and id tear them up in no time flat. If I could find some in something short of canvas that would wear with a set of blue jeans id probably get some.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

My jeans have normal front pockets and also cargo pockets. I sometimes carry my wallet and carry piece in front cargo pockets when on the motorcycle because I don't want anything to fall out of my pockets due to the seated position, wind flap, etc. Other than when riding I rarely use the cargo pockets.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links