Non-Sticky Alternative to Hogue Wrap-Around Grips for P239?

This is a discussion on Non-Sticky Alternative to Hogue Wrap-Around Grips for P239? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I really love the feel of Hogue rubber wrap-around grips on many of my guns. I especially like them on my P239 carry gun. Without ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RockingGlock32

Thread: Non-Sticky Alternative to Hogue Wrap-Around Grips for P239?

Non-Sticky Alternative to Hogue Wrap-Around Grips for P239?

I really love the feel of Hogue rubber wrap-around grips on many of my guns. I especially like them on my P239 carry gun. Without them, I find the P239 grips to be a bit slippery and small (I like a grip that fills my hand). Unfortunately, I've found rubber to be a bad choice for a carry gun because it tends to be grabby on clothing. Can anyone recommend a replacement grip for my P239 that has a similar shape, including finger grooves, but is made out of a less tacky material?

2. Remove Ads

Pachmyer sells somethong similiar that isnt as tacky. I had them on my glock and ended up switching back to the hogue but to each there own.
    USM1976 likes this.

Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

A-grips, but they don't have finger grooves.

I've used both Hogues and Pachmayr. As RockingGlock32 stated, go with Pachmayr grips as they are not tacky and easier to remove for cleaning than Hogues, IMHO.

Hogues are good because they don't generally have a seam as they are mono-grips. Pachmayr grips are bascially rubberized grips with two halves. When fitted together, there may be an edge to a seam, however, the edge can be sanded smooth to be more comfortable for the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post

i second RubenZ's suggestion for you. i have the Hogue one-piece rubber grips with finger grooves on my P-239, and i don't have any problems with it catching on my cover garments. i THINK that the Hogue grip materiel is a bit harder than the materiel used on their slip-on grips. but wood grips, whether checkered or smooth, would be even less sticky.

these one-piece rubber Hogues can be a bit of a hassle to install, however. getting the left panel under the de-cocking lever is a little tricky. i'm pretty sure the wood Hogues are two-piece.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Well, I don't necessarily need the grooves, but part of what I don't like about the P239's grip is that the front strap is so squared off. I prefer the rounded front strap of the P229/P226. The Hogue wrap-around grip tends to round out that front profile, the finger grooves are a bonus. I think if there was a way to make the front strap to back strap distance larger to fill my hand more, it would feel better and not decrease concealability by making it thicker. I'm not big on the slip-on style grips because they have a tendency to move around.

Links