Reliable button compass?

Reliable button compass?

This is a discussion on Reliable button compass? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm updating my mini survival kit and creating one for my husband and a friend. I added a few items to my mini kit that ...

Thread: Reliable button compass?

VIP Member

Reliable button compass?

I'm updating my mini survival kit and creating one for my husband and a friend. I added a few items to my mini kit that I always keep in my purse, and changed the container. I inspected my button compass and placed it away from anything metal. jiggle jiggle tap tap tap tap It apparently died a slow death. I'm adding a tiny magnet to my kit so if I have to use a pin, I can. But I'd rather have a compass. Who makes a reliable button compass? An Amazon link would be great. I really like the brass NATO one, but I"m hoping to not spend $50 each. But if I have to just to get long-term reliability, I will. I'll show off the completed kits when I'm done.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

25 mm Liquid Filled Survival Button Compasses - Set of 5:Amazon:Sports & Outdoors

These do the job. I would spend the money to have a GOOD compass, but these are way better than a pin and a magnet.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Check out BestGlide.com. The NATO compass is only $35 and they have others as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Check out BestGlide.com. The NATO compass is only $35 and they have others as well.
    Thanks, I just ordered a NATO one and some of the other button compasses from them.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I have a Suunto sp? that is very good quality. If you have access to a military base the AAFEES or NEX usually has a good assortment at great prices. If not, REI is a good source as well! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO Pistol Permit, NC CWP, LEOSA Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

VIP Member
    Something like this might be better for a mini kit. 4-Function Survival Tool : Cabela's
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    No more Cracker Jack survival items!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Marbles. The best I have found.

I would use nothing less than something like this. A compass is not where to try and save money.

Cast Aluminum Pocket Compass

This would be much better.

Silva Starter Compass
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

"The way of the warrior does not include other ways.....But if you know the way broadly you will see it in everything"
    - Miyamoto Musashi -

VIP Member
    This is for a miniature survival kit - EDC - not a larger kit or bugout bag. I have larger compasses that I keep in the bugouts. The mini is a wee bigger than the Altoids tin type. Compasses have already been ordered and received. Review forthcoming.

Suunto

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links