Midway Shipped !

Midway Shipped !

This is a discussion on Midway Shipped ! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last Dec. 24th I ordered some mags from MidwayUSA. I received the FAL mags in days, the AK mags in a month or so but ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nhcruffler
  • 1 Post By lionround
  • 1 Post By ddclancy

Thread: Midway Shipped !

Midway Shipped !

Last Dec. 24th I ordered some mags from MidwayUSA. I received the FAL mags in days, the AK mags in a month or so but I just got an email that the Ruger Mags had just shipped. I only ordered 1 twenty round Mini 14 mag and 2 BMX 25 rd mags for the 1022. Over nine months !!!!! As I recall they had a glitch and were not shipping orders in the first come first served policy that they usually do. Still , it is hard for me to believe that it took this long to get them. Now if I can only find some .22 ammo...........
    StormRhydr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Well, I see your mistake. You ordered on Dec 24th. I guess you were expecting Santa to slide them down on Christmas day, huh?

But seriously, 9 months is too long to wait for anything besides a baby.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Midway USA sucks. Their shipping charges are HORRIBLE!!!!!!
    dukalmighty likes this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Well better late than never I suppose. I hate committing to something like that as I may find it elsewhere later, but then it becomes a hassle to cancel the first. And yes, Midways shipping does suck.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    Midway USA sucks. Their shipping charges are HORRIBLE!!!!!!
    I agree with this. Also if you don't order above a set amount, don't remember what that amount is, they tack on a surcharge which they are not exactly up front about.

+1 on the crappy shipping. I'm having the same issue with a company Lohman Arms. My first and only order with them was back in April of 2013 for appx 10,000 assorted primers. I'm still waiting. The thing of it is that my LGS has been pretty good about being stocked up on LPP, SPP and SRP that I probably would be fine without the shipment. On the other hand it seems as if we are entering another gun/ammo/reloading frenzy so I'm gonna keep on waiting. I feel your pain.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    Last Dec. 24th I ordered some mags from MidwayUSA. I received the FAL mags in days, the AK mags in a month or so but I just got an email that the Ruger Mags had just shipped. I only ordered 1 twenty round Mini 14 mag and 2 BMX 25 rd mags for the 1022. Over nine months !!!!! As I recall they had a glitch and were not shipping orders in the first come first served policy that they usually do. Still , it is hard for me to believe that it took this long to get them. Now if I can only find some .22 ammo...........
    Ask and ye shall receive: Find 22LR Ammo in stock | WikiArms Live Ammo Inventory Tracking
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

had XDS mags on order from brownelles since 8/8/13

Thanks for the encouragement nhcruffler
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Thanks for all the replies. Now I get an email from Midway letting me know that they are "inviting" all their Dealer accounts to become regular retail customers. I am thinking that this is the last straw with Midwayusa. They have a bad website that is difficult to navigate , they have been sliming down the dealer discounts to almost nothing and yes, their shipping charges are a bit high. All in all as I look back I realize that I have been ordering more stuff from Brownells anyways. Midway was the first company I started doing business with when I got my C&R back in 2000. It will be like loosing an old friend that you just grow apart from.

I gave up on midway what they stuck it to you big time on shipping making any saving disappear quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I gave up on midway what they stuck it to you big time on shipping making any saving disappear quickly.
    Same here. I'd only buy from them if I simply couldn't get what I needed elsewhere. Besides the shipping charge they tack on a puzzling handling charge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcruffler View Post
    I took advantage of those links slickguns has been posting and just received my 300 rnds of Winchester .22 for twenty bucks just minutes ago. In a nifty wood box, too. The Aguilia I purchased was a bit more per round, but still very doable. You just have to jump on the deals when they present themselves.

I'm surprised Midway (or you) kept that order alive for nine months. I saw a wall full of those Ruger mags hanging up at the LGS several weeks ago even.

it took them seven months to ship a lee lead pot to me this year. i only order large amounts from them.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Well-timed thread for me as I just ordered something which came today and I looked, sure enough, "Special handling charge" on the item.

I emailed them and was surprised to get an email back within five minutes which said:
    "Thank you for your recent email concerning our $3 Special Handling Fee. This fee offsets the higher cost of processing small retail orders (under $25), so that we can continue to give our Customers the best overall pricing in the industry. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."
    I should point out that $25 is obviously non-negotiable as I got "close, but not cigar."

Items Total: $24.84
    Postage, Handling & Insurance: $15.20
    Special Handling Fee: $3.00
    Total: $43.04

I believe the wait of the package is around 1 pound. Well, I won't be making that mistake again. Thanks for getting me my order Midway, but that was the only one you'll be getting from me.

(Yeah, I know, it's my own fault!)

Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Links