Metal Case For A Gun In A Car

This is a discussion on Metal Case For A Gun In A Car within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I didn't wish to start a new thread on an old subject so I'll ask here. My vehicle is a regular cab full size truck. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal Case For A Gun In A Car

I didn't wish to start a new thread on an old subject so I'll ask here.

My vehicle is a regular cab full size truck. I find the greatest place for me to keep it is in a pistol case behind the center of the seat (I have bench style seats). With the other junk I have wedged back there, it doesn't travel from side to side. It's very easy to reach, and I can reach back there and retrieve it in a hurry.

The best part is that it's fire and forget so to speak. It's not at all visible in any way unless you were to conduct a thorough search of the cab.

I am at a loss however as to how to find a way to make it more secure. I'd like to be able to tie it to something with a steel cable and put a better lock on it, but I fear I would be trying to save myself from myself with safety measures that could get in the way in a true crisis, if you know what I mean.

Or can I not have my cake and eat it too?

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    When I am driving and not carrying it in a holster on me, like when I am traveling to and from work. I carry it in the front compartment of a book pack I have in the seat beside me. In the pack it is normally out of the holster. When I get to work I simply zip the compartment and leave it in the seat. I should tell you I have a reserved spot on the bottom floor of a parking garage in a spot next to the elevator and I don't worry about someone breaking in to get the pack. If I pull in somewhere that I am not going to carry, I can put the pack behind my seat until I get back. If I am carrying on me (or in the pack) and am going into a restaurant that serves alcohol or another place that I cannot carry it, I have the cable gun lock that came with my gun already locked to a steel cargo tie down in the cargo area of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The lock stays there all the time. I also throw some of the "stuff" I have back there over the top of it. It works for me.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I just got my "Secure-It" security box today. It is very well made for the money, and it looks like just what I need to place in my vehicle.

Thanks for the help.

Vehicle Storage Safe

One of the other sites I hang out on has a small, cable attached box for sale. It's a nice handy size, and it's cheap. I've got 2 of them, they work out very well for me. Both of my cars have non-locking storage boxes under the passenger seat. Cable the box into the seat frame, and toss it into the storage box. A determined attack would get the box free, but I can leave a gun in the car when I need to without worrying about it walking away with some punk.

http://www.missouricarry.com/cgi-bin/thatsanorder_LE
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

cmidkiff, that is the same box I ordered and recieved today.
    Ordered it from the same place you have your link to.
    It is a very well made small security box.
    The idea is to hide the gun in the box, and hide the box in the car somewhere it may not be found easily.I want it bolted or welded to the vehicle somehow. If it is found, it would be a challange to open it, and then again, it may be empty.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon
    JWB, that's the best yet. I like it.
    American Rifleman just had a whole story on this very subject. I got that in the mail just yesterday. one I looked at was www.truckvault.com

Now, would this little box cable tied to my seat frame in my truck protect me from the law? If I were to have my vehicle stolen?
    We saw the TruckVault product at the SHOT Show and looks to be a slick product.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

The TruckVault looks real well made. It also looks well thought out.
    I would like something real trick for my vehicle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links