EDC Bag

EDC Bag

This is a discussion on EDC Bag within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone else use an EDC bag? i have one that i will carry to work or take with me on short trips. My Bag: ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: EDC Bag

EDC Bag

Does anyone else use an EDC bag? i have one that i will carry to work or take with me on short trips.
    My Bag: Red Rock rover sling bag
    Contents of front pouch:
    1.) Zip ties
    2.) Bottle of advil
    3.) 2 Bottles of 5 hour energy extra strength
    Contents of middle pouch:
    1.) 2 Pens, 2 Pencils, 2 Sharpies
    2.) L.E.D. ball cap clip-on light
    3.) Pair of ear-buds
    4.) Pencil sharpener
    5.) Small water tight container with matches
    Contents of top pouch:
    1.) A matchbook (i always grab them at restaurants)
    2.) Mini bic lighter
    3.) Baggy of Gaviscon (helps reduce indigestion, i need it all the time!)
    4.) Baggy of Plackers (fancy toothpicks with floss on the end)
    5.) 2 crystal light drink mix packets
    6.) Neosporin
    7.) Nail clippers
    8.) Tweezers
    Contents of Main pouch:
    1.) Multi-tool
    2.) My Ontario rat knife 3 (only when i go hiking or camping)
    3.) Phone charger
    4.) Tissues
    5.) Small tape measure
    Inside flaps of main pouch:
    1.) Small Lifeline First-Aid kit
    2.) Clif bars
    3.) Survival odds and ends such as water purify. tabs, mylar blanket, clear tarp, fishing kit, 50 ft of 550 cord

that's my edc bag which i guess also doubles as a get home/BoB. let me know if you anyone else carries one, what kind of bag, and what you carry in it!sling bag.jpg
    Attached Images
    QKShooter and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Purse.

Distinguished Member
    Don't carry an EDC bag, that's what my pockets and holsters are used for (which can get cumbersome and heavy, I have considered a backpack to keep with me - just never seriously put effort into it . . . . . yet). I do have a get home bag in both mine and my wifes car though.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    Mine's my purse. Ordinary and civilian on the outside, it doesn't look like it holds anything other than the usual female stuff. Besides the kid's stuff of diapers, sunscreen stick, snacks, wipes etc. and the usual female purse stuff, I have:
    - mini survival kit contents found in this thread
    - Israeli pressure bandage
    - long shelf-life Millenium bar
    - Leatherman
    - portable chopsticks
    - pen (this one has an LED light on it)
    - Surefire E2E
    - space blanket
    - first aid kit

purse.jpg
    surefire7 likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I carry a 5.11 Tactical Covert 18 whenever I leave the house. It comes in to work with me as it also serves as my laptop bag but generally stays in the car when I am going to a store or something. Any time I am going to be out and about like at a festival or just on foot for a while it is always with me. I carry a multi took, multi bit screwdriver, second flash light, second knife, a couple cliff bars, and about 15 other things that are generally useful. The most important is probably my first aid kit that is pretty extensive. It was come in handy more times than I can count.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I live very close to work so I either walk or bicycle to work. I have a backpack I use mostly for my lunch, but it has survival essentials to get me back to the house. I use it more in the winter time than summer and the season is just around the corner.

I need to inventory the bag and check expiration dates and such.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I've been carrying mine so much lately that one day I went to work and forgot it, I seriously was lost without it haha. You don't realize how handy it is until you forget it
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

I also forgot to mention that when I do over night trips, I use a maxpedition edc fatty organizer for toiletries and it attaches right to the molle on my rover bag

VIP Member
    I've thought about this...not a ton, but some. But have not had time to research, put a list together, shop, etc. But this is a good start for thinking. Thanks for posting. I found this video by iraqveteran8888 good food for thought, as well...5 Things You Need In Your Car - YouTube
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Maxpedition Larkspur: first aid kit with spare glasses. LM Wave with extension, bit kit, Pocket Wrench 2, 8 gauge aluminum wire, cable ties, Gorilla tape, para cord. GPS, power cords, water bottle, lunch bag, nut bars, (2) 5 hour Xtra energy drinks, notebook, pens, chewing gum. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Yeah, I use a Maxpedition Fatboy, have for almost ten years. Sketchbook, a few pens, a multitool, passport, Clif bar and a water bottle.

Black, no one gives it a second look here in Chicago.

Mark H.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    5.11 Tactical Rush 24. Everything from a toothbrush with powder (for airline travel) to my laptop and super zoom camera. For most travel I just take out the (big) camera and throw in some changes of clothes.

EDC to me is stuff one caries in their pockets or purse. I'm a guy so I carry; wallet, keys, cell phone, reading glasses (with note paper and a pen tucked inside), folding knife, pepper spray, and a .40 Shield IWB and an extra magazine.

I have thought about getting a messenger style bag or a small backpack to carry over my shoulder so that I can carry more stuff; laptop, first aid kit, etc.

I keep a Get Home Bag in each of my vehicles.
    surefire7 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    Is tissue the same as TP?
    rugerdude12 likes this.

Don't carry a bag, but between my car and person I usually have a multitool, a blanket, some snacks, water, a cellphone, and Imodium AD. I used to carry toilet paper too but something happened to it and I forgot to reload. ;)

Speaking of Imodium AD, I'm somewhat amazed at not seeing it in anybody else's list. When the zombie mayans come back, if I can only stockpile one thing I'm pretty sure that's going to be it. Maybe I need to rethink my daily fiber intake...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links