I want a Tac Light for my Glock 23 for around 100.00

This is a discussion on I want a Tac Light for my Glock 23 for around 100.00 within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking at the TLR3 but it has no strobe feature which IMO is important to me and its mounting system looks shaky and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SIXTO
  • 2 Post By sonnycrocket

Thread: I want a Tac Light for my Glock 23 for around 100.00

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar

I want a Tac Light for my Glock 23 for around 100.00

I am looking at the TLR3 but it has no strobe feature which IMO is important to me
    and its mounting system looks shaky and for some reason it looks like it does not
    come far back enough to rest on the trigger guard

How yall like this light or can you recommend another for about 100 bucks or so
    This is my HD weapon and it will not leave the house,unless I need to bug out for some reason...

2. Remove Ads

I bought a TLR-1HL. No laser but has the strobe. This is the newer streamlight that they bumped up the lumens to 630. I was afraid that it would be too bright and wash everything away but it's perfect, wouldn't want anything less bright.
    The TLR-1HL is larger than the TLR-3 but I have this on an M&P 45c which is similar in size to the G23.
    "If there is trouble, I stay here to help you. For your father -- for your father."

I have a Protec HP190 that I bought from Walmart for $40 and is rated at 190 lumens and has the strobe feature. Seems to work for me for an inexpensive light for one of my HD guns. If you purchase it, just make sure that you do NOT over tighten it, as the screw is a little small in diameter and will break if over tightened. For $40 you can try it out and if you do not like it, just return it back to Wally World. God Bless

Administrator
    Tlr-1 is the best light for cash ratio out there IMO. Why is the strobe important to you?
    brocktice likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Tlr-1 is the best light for cash ratio out there IMO. Why is the strobe important to you?

Makes it hard for the bad guys to aim back at me..a steady light= easier target

Sponsor
    Have you ever tried to get a sight picture in a strobe environment? It's not as bad as it is when shining directly at you but it is still disorienting.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Have you ever tried to get a sight picture in a strobe environment? It's not as bad as it is when shining directly at you but it is still disorienting.
    no but I used to go clubbing alot LOL
    luvmy40 and Stoveman like this.

I know a lot of guys really like the inforce wml. It runs about $109. I have the wml-hsp on my AR and it is about 200 lumens which is plently
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    I know a lot of guys really like the inforce wml. It runs about $109. I have the wml-hsp on my AR and it is about 200 lumens which is plently
    Sorry I mean the apl. The wml is bigger and meant more for a rifle or shotgun. The apl does not have strobe as far as I know.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large, is that they be properly armed."

I carry a glock 17 with a TLR-3 and love it. Feels very solid and have noted no malfunctions. The light has not come loose after near 1k rounds. I've found the TLR-3 to be very durable.

Not nearly as bright as some of the other TLR offerings, but much smaller and lighter. I don't mind not having a strobe.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerdude12 View Post
    Sorry I mean the apl. The wml is bigger and meant more for a rifle or shotgun. The apl does not have strobe as far as I know.
    +1 on the Inforce APL. I have one and also a Surefire X300 Ultra. The Surefire is considerably brighter but in all other ways I like the APL better. It's plenty bright for a handgun light and the dual paddle switches is simply way better than the switching style used by Surefire and Streamlight. Once you use them both I think you'd agree. The APL also has 'floodier' beam with more spill. I think the more powerful Surefire would shine (no pun intended) on a rifle but I prefer the APL for a sidearm. My APL currently resides on one of my HK USPs. The Surefire graces my HK USP45 Tactical.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Tlr1s is great! I have it on my g19. 300 lumens.

Links