Master Lock Safe Space review

This is a discussion on Master Lock Safe Space review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Saw these (link) little Master Lock Safe Space mini safes at the Home Depot Christmas gift section and grabbed one. It was only $16, and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Betty
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Master Lock Safe Space review

VIP Member

Saw these (link) little Master Lock Safe Space mini safes at the Home Depot Christmas gift section and grabbed one. It was only $16, and I like containers. I was curious to test its robustness and storage capacity, because it looked interesting with the good price point and the built-in locking cable.

This is just a quickie review before I settle in for the evening.

The safe is not designed for firearms, but it is small and portable with a locking cable, so this review is for anyone who has seen these and just wondered if it will work as a single handgun safe.

It fits my Colt Cobra snugly.... without the holster.

masterlock2.jpg

It fits an NAA mini magnum with the holster.

masterlock3.jpg

It fits a Kel Tec P-32 out of its Desantis Super Fly holster, with the Super Fly squished on top of it.

masterlock4.jpg

The left button releases the cable so you can tie it around other objects, like a car seat frame to slip it under your car seat. The right button opens the case.

masterlock1.jpg

The case is hard plastic, and the locking mechanism is metal - a 4 digit combination lock. The hinge, on the other hand, is a rather wimpy one. In fact, if I open this case beyond it's maximum and force it, the plastic will snap.

While this safe is compact and convenient with its cable lock system, there are much better options out there, such as the Gunvault Nano. This safe is a decent deterrent for a thief who wants a quick grab, but any determined thief worth his salt and with a little time on his hands should be able to pry the Master Lock Safe Space open by attacking it at its weakest point - the hinge.

G'night.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Good write up. For 16 bucks its a good little box.

Wish they would have sprung for a better hinge and metal frame but What do you want for under 20 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "Ours is the only country deliberately founded on a good idea." ~John Gunther

VIP Member
    Thanks for taking the time to do a thorough review. Most helpful. I wish half of the people who do product reviews on Amazon were as good as you!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

When I was down in the Big City about a month ago I sprung for a couple of neat little boxes about 2"x2"x2" with a see thru window on the lid. There was some type of camping doodad inside on Special for one dollar each. Like I said to the guy in the store I'm buying this neat lil box NOT what's inside.

My Mom and Gramma were into knick knacks, treasures and doodads. I couldn't even begin to tell y'all how many boxes I got. Bet I could open a store just selling boxes tho.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

The mini-safe is cool, but I really like your Cobra!
    pgrass101 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It may not be ft Knox but it is discreet and easily hidden and that me like it. It would be great hide spot for the trunk or tucked into the bottom of a car seat and the cable gives you options

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Links