O.C. Spray who makes the strongest?

This is a discussion on O.C. Spray who makes the strongest? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, I'm considering carrying pepper spray as a " less lethal" option while carrying concealed, or as another "layer" of defense. I am going ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: O.C. Spray who makes the strongest?

O.C. Spray who makes the strongest?

Hi all,
    I'm considering carrying pepper spray as a " less lethal" option while carrying concealed, or as another "layer" of defense. I am going to be the first to say I know very little about pepper spray and that is why I've turned here. I'm looking for something small ( key chain size or slightly larger) that has good stopping power. Is there different levels of what I'll call " heat"( for lack of a better term) in the spray? If so which is the hottest and how does one tell? Any insight to who makes the hottest or which is the " better " of the brands to buy. Like I mentioned I want something really strong, after using this, my next level of protection will be drawing my weapon. I'm just looking for some schooling on something I know little about so please be nice ;O)
    G

2. Remove Ads

I don't carry OC often, but when I do I prefer Fox Labs.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I like Foxx 5.3 and Sabre Red

Go Seahawks!
    ccw9mm likes this.

I'm partial to the Kimber Blaster for a few reasons.

1) It is pyrotechnically charged (like a bullet), so there is no aerosol to leak or spray malfunction.
    2) It is a gel blast, so you won't end up spraying yourself - even downwind.
    3) Small form factor, grips like a firearm with sights. Accurate even at minimal distances.
    4) Supposedly, it is pretty potent.

Cons:
    Only 2 shots. Make em count.
    And it's not cheap at $40.
    Bad Bob and DrDP6 like this.

Administrator
    Do not do what I did and test this on yourself. It is a living nightmare especially on the respiratory system. I agree 100% with the officer playing the inmate in the Vid below I instantly could not see and I really "took it" in the lungs.

DPS Black Label
    CS + OC - It is absolutely devastating.
    DPS Black Label - DPS Pepper Spray - Pepper Spray - J & L Self Defense Products

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I did some research into OC spray on behalf of a friend & Sabre Red kept coming up as one manufacturer that people seemed to like.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member
    Fox Labs. five point three
    ironmike86 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I have a mid-sized keychain unit of Sabre Red. Its a pepper gel. Wife carries the same thing but MACE brand, which I think is a cone fogger. More vulnerable to wind, but also less chance of missing like my gel stream.

Best part was that they were only about $10 each.

Distinguished Member
    I'
    m a Kimber guy, 2 shots and no worries about blowback. Now when I go to Alaska I carry Bear spray so if Kimber was not available I'd go to some form of bear spray. Hate to shoot it indoors though. Really hate that!
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

SABRE cs military tear gas/ red pepper is my personal choice. have had to use it twice in self defense that required a less lethal approach. both times stopped the threat immediately.
    G23 gen3 HD
    G27 gen3 EDC
    Bushmaster AR15
    Rem 870

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    Fox labs.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

I have been lead to believe that Fox Labs is at least tied for "hottest formula on the market" so that's what my wife and I carry.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Bad Bob and oneshot like this.

another vote for fox labs. hot shtuff.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Do not do what I did and test this on yourself. It is a living nightmare especially on the respiratory system. I agree 100% with the officer playing the inmate in the Vid below I instantly could not see and I really "took it" in the lungs.

DPS Black Label
    CS + OC - It is absolutely devastating.
    DPS Black Label - DPS Pepper Spray - Pepper Spray - J & L Self Defense Products

I actually disagree ..... I think if you are going to carry it you should be sprayed with it. Yes I am crazy but it really a good point to know exactly what effects oc has. Also, proper technique is not just to spray in someone's face.... Just like shooting a hand gun, technique can make or break your success. If someone is serious about using spray, I always recommend buying trainer that sprays water.... It is a skill that must be honed and maintained just like shooting

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    squid86 likes this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links