Garrison Bespoke Bulletproof Suit

This is a discussion on Garrison Bespoke Bulletproof Suit within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A "live ammo field-testing event tomorrow" (today Nov. 7th) "will demonstrate the suit's capabilities and offer a first look at Garrison Bespoke's new collection, Town ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Garrison Bespoke Bulletproof Suit

A "live ammo field-testing event tomorrow" (today Nov. 7th) "will demonstrate the suit's capabilities and offer a first look at Garrison Bespoke's new collection, Town & Country, inspired by the great outdoors". "The Garrison Bespoke bulletproof suit is made with carbon nanotubes created using nanotechnology and originally developed to protect the US 19th Special Forces in Iraq. The patented material is thinner, more flexible and fifty per cent lighter than Kevlar"

suit.jpg

Oil execs, bankers: You'll need this 'bulletproof carbon-nanotube-built' BUSINESS SUIT ? The Register

http://http://www.azonano.com/news.aspx?newsID=28701
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

It says it wwill stop 22 and 40 caliber bullets...what about 9mm which is more common in in Countries where they claim Oil Execs may travel,not to mention Rifle,or that big opening in the front COM.
    Taurahe likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Exactly what problem is this a solution to ? Sounds like a waste of time and money to me.... Besides pin stripes are soooo 2010

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    Especially the guy in the photo.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Exactly what problem is this a solution to?
    It's a compensatory mechanism. To keep in line with policies here, I'm not going to say exactly what it helps compensate for.
    Last edited by brocktice; November 7th, 2013 at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
    ShooterGranny likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I hate the term "Bullet proof", makes people think that it will stop all bullets or that it will stop them in all cases. The best you can hope for is bullet resistant.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Exactly what problem is this a solution to ? Sounds like a waste of time and money to me....
    Being able to wear body armor, essentially, without looking like it. The ultimate concealment armor, allowing a person to run under the radar without alerting everyone within 50yds of one's "protected" status. Possibly even armored all over the place, not just on traditional "paneled" zones (chest, back, sides). I'd bet that appeals to a great many people.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Being able to wear body armor, essentially, without looking like it. The ultimate concealment armor, allowing a person to run under the radar without alerting everyone within 50yds of one's "protected" status. Possibly even armored all over the place, not just on traditional "paneled" zones (chest, back, sides). I'd bet that appeals to a great many people.
    I'd say the material is quite useful. Making a suit out of it? Not so much.

EDIT: I mean seriously. How about a base layer instead? Then you can wear whatever you want over it.

Sure hope it comes with a tie, or at least a double breasted option. That looks like it covers everything *except* COM. I'm sure that'll work wonderfully.
    ShooterGranny and brocktice like this.

I hope the tie is bullet proof, too...I'm just saying'...

Perhaps the shirt is made of the same material?
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    Sure hope it comes with a tie, or at least a double breasted option. That looks like it covers everything *except* COM. I'm sure that'll work wonderfully.
    Based on the description ('its armored three-piece outfits'), I would guess they didn't forget COM. Wouldn't make much sense for them to have done that.

Administrator
    I would hate to spend all of that money on a nice Nano Suit and then get shot in the head. I would get blood all over my nice new suit.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Based on the description ('its armored three-piece outfits'), I would guess they didn't forget COM. Wouldn't make much sense for them to have done that.
    I see. I was looking at the picture, which is definitely not a three-piece. But then again it's probaby just a stock photo and doesn't show the actual suit.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I would hate to spend all of that money on a nice Nano Suit and then get shot in the head. I would get blood all over my nice new suit.
    I'm sure it'll come with a pinstripe headwrap. No exec is complete without it, this Spring.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    It says it wwill stop 22 and 40 caliber bullets...what about 9mm which is more common in in Countries where they claim Oil Execs may travel
    Here you go 9mm:
    bulletproof-suit-carbon-nanotube-garrison-9mm.jpg

Here's the three piece view:
    bulletproof-suit-carbon-nanotube-3 piece.jpg

And here's more info:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ous-lives.html
    Last edited by Caertaker; November 7th, 2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Additional stuff
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links