Optics Planet Alert !

Optics Planet Alert !

This is a discussion on Optics Planet Alert ! within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry to see them as a sponsor here and this just might get me banned but members have a right to know what to expect ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Optics Planet Alert !

Optics Planet Alert !

Sorry to see them as a sponsor here and this just might get me banned but members have a right
    to know what to expect when ordering from them.

Read these ... Optics Planet Reviews and Complaints @ Pissed Consumer

My personal experience is that I ordered a spotting scope that had an estimated shipping time of
    1 - 7 days. That was on Oct. 29 and I'm still waiting. Contacted CS twice and got the BS answer
    its in the "system" and we'll send you a tracking number as soon as it ships. I have learned not
    to hold my breath expecting that.

So there you have it ... BUYER BEWARE ... and I got it off my chest.
    TDH1961 likes this.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

I purchased a Prostaff by Nikon from Optics Planet and all went well. Good scope put it on my Marlin 30/30. Would use them again.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

My son told me to watch out for them, but I placed my order and was well served...and saved $$$.
    I would have no problem ordering from them again.OMO
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Last Monday I ordered the Aimpoint Pro ($363 Shipped) and it arrived Wednesday. I was impressed with 2 days turn-around. However there was problem with my scope and I called to exchange it and they promptly emailed me a return shipping label. I sent it out last Friday and a week later they have not received it. That is not their fault, but 7 days to go from WI to IL seems a bit long (Post Office). I hope their shipping back to me is as prompt as the original order.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

JD
    Administrator
    I've ordered stuff from them several times and never had an issue. Everything from optics to holsters to stereo-zoom microscopes. Sorry to hear that the OP is having an issue sometimes stuff happens.

Quote Originally Posted by hfjeff View Post
    Last Monday I ordered the Aimpoint Pro ($363 Shipped) and it arrived Wednesday. I was impressed with 2 days turn-around. However there was problem with my scope and I called to exchange it and they promptly emailed me a return shipping label. I sent it out last Friday and a week later they have not received it. That is not their fault, but 7 days to go from WI to IL seems a bit long (Post Office). I hope their shipping back to me is as prompt as the original order.
    Shipping seems to be getting a bit weird at times. I live in FL and occasionally order from a company in MT. The package made I think 7 stops before it got out of MT then sat in IL for 3 days. It was gun related so I do kind of wonder about that.

VIP Member
    I'm with most of the other folks on here; I've never had an issue with an order. Maybe I'm just lucky though because I've had great luck with the often dreaded Botach as well...
    robhic likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Senior Moderator
    Sorry that you are having problems, I have used them once and received good service from them. I hope that they take care of you.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Sponsor
    The only issue I've ever had with OP is if one item in your order is out of stock or back ordered there is no notice when you place the order and they hold the whole order until it can be shipped complete. I now call to find out after placing the order and request split shipping(on my dime) if this is the case.

I have dealt with OP quite often have no qualms about recommending them.
    357and40 and tcox4freedom like this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    Ordered lots of stuff from them over the years. Prices are some of the best out there and I have never had a problem with them. Sounds like some serious ADHD problems if an extra week wait bothers you enough to post a rant about them.
    Taurahe and tcox4freedom like this.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Member Array Invisible Swordsman's Avatar
    They seem to be hit and miss on customer service. Last week a friend and I both ordered the same Vortex Strikefire demo with the cost after applying a coupon came out to $121. I ordered five minutes after my friend did.

On Monday I received a call from their customer service advising me that these were out of stock, so they were going to send me a brand new one at the same price. it shipped the following day.

My friend received no such call, so he called them on Tuesday. he was told they were out of stock, and that OP was having trouble getting them from Strikefire. They did agree to send him a new one for $129, $8 more than the original price. When he asked why he couldn't get the same deal I got he was told that their procedures change from day to day. Later he went through a live chat on the website and got the price down to $122, which he accepted.

Both he and I have ordered from OP previously with no issues, but based on other feedback I have read, and this incident, I'm going to be cautious when ordering in the future.

I've ordered from them without problem, too.
    But then I've ordered from Cheaper than Dirt without incident, also, lol.
    I guess that makes me lucky.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with them, I have made many purchases from them, never a problem. I have also talked to their CS, a very nice lady that was very knowledgable of the product(s) and very polite......
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

No problem here either.
    tcox4freedom likes this.

It's unfortunate that you (OP) had problems with Optics Planet. I'm sure most online shoppers have had problems with a vendor (I know I have had some) at one time or another. Adding a shipper (UPS, FedEx, USPS) into the mix complicates things. I also had good service from Cheaper than Dirt and BOTACH. I guess I am special...

But all the orders I've had with Optics Planet have been fine. No extra wait (except for one back-order) and quick shipping plus good pricing. I'm sorry you had issues but I haven't. So who's right...?
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links