?question on CT versus Lazemax?

This is a discussion on ?question on CT versus Lazemax? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking at possible buying my wife a lazer site down the road for her Beretta px4 compact. I know on Beretta's site they have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: ?question on CT versus Lazemax?

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar

?question on CT versus Lazemax?

I'm looking at possible buying my wife a lazer site down the road for her Beretta px4 compact. I know on Beretta's site they have bothe Crimson Trace and Lazermax. While I know CT is more popular is their that much difference in one over the other as far as quality. They run about the same price. Any help would be appreciated. If anyone has experience with either or both that would be great.

2. Remove Ads

You can find a rail master laser for under a 100 bucks now . I got one still NIB that I have yet to use and it come with a ckrt tool . I think DVOR has them on sale a lot for 100 bucks . Heck I may just be selling this one day .

See the only laser I used on my guns is the ones that when you grip the gun they turn on . I have a lasermax that came with my bodygurad 380 I never use it . It is one more step to remember imop when drawing a gun.

That all said just get the CT if you can for 100 bucks they are good lasers and you can use them on any rali gun and they come with free batteries for life .

If they do make a laser that is activated when you grip get that . I dont think they do but if they did I would get that .

I know Viridian makes a laser that work with there holster so that it turns on when you draw but then tend to run 200-300 +

That said also look at green lasers easier to see during the day but again more $

Distinguished Member Array pipedream's Avatar
    No experience with the Lazermax, have two CT and they work great and almost fool proof.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

If it were anything but a SD firearm, I'd say get the deal, but I 'know' CT works reliably, so I would go with them as I have never heard of 'Lazemax'.

For my long arms, I use the green lasers for distance. Sidearms just don't need it.

Also, I prefer the red laser on my inexpensive, outdoor laser lever; its easier to see. Even at 200 ft on a sunny day.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I had a Lasermax guide rod laser on my G19. Had a few issues where the laser turned on in the holster and ran the tiny batteries down.

All my carry guns now have either the CT Lasergrips, or the Laserguards. Turn on by simply gripping the gun normally.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Ok thanks. I guess I didn't think about the extra step for her.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    LaserMax is button activated on the side of the laser, while CT uses a button on the grip for "intuitive activation" as they call it. I use LaserMax myself, and like them. I hvae a CT lasergrip on one gun and am not fond of it.

PS, it's "LASER" (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.)
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    LaserMax is button activated on the side of the laser, while CT uses a button on the grip for "intuitive activation" as they call it. I use LaserMax myself, and like them. I hvae a CT lasergrip on one gun and am not fond of it.

The problem is they dont make one that is a laser grip for that brand of gun ( I looked at CT and amazon ) all they have is this lasermax-micro.jpg where you have to reach foward and push the button . One more stepth as I said ( I guess you would hit it if your finger was above trigger in safe postion ) .

I think this da5be1e0.jpg is the only one I know of that turns on when you pull from a holster but you have to use there holsters.
    Eric357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post

Yes "laser" is what I meant. Thank you. Glasswolf is exactly right. Neither company makes grip activated lasers for the px4.

Sponsor
    Eric,
    You also want to keep in mind that the rail mounted laser will make finding a holster quite a bit more difficult. I'd go with the CT just because they are the more widely known and used of the two at this point. More holster mfgs. (myself included) will be able to accommodate the CT Universal Rail Mounted LASER than the LaserMax version.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Eric,
    You also want to keep in mind that the rail mounted laser will make finding a holster quite a bit more difficult. I'd go with the CT just because they are the more widely known and used of the two at this point. More holster mfgs. (myself included) will be able to accommodate the CT Universal Rail Mounted LASER than the LaserMax version.
    Yep!

This is why I dont use laser unless grip mounted CT . It just seems they and streamlight tlr laser/lights are the most well know etc. Most small/carry guns that have a CT for them probley have a holster made just for that .

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    The problem is they dont make one that is a laser grip for that brand of gun ( I looked at CT and amazon ) all they have is this lasermax-micro.jpg where you have to reach foward and push the button . One more stepth as I said ( I guess you would hit it if your finger was above trigger in safe postion ) .

I think this da5be1e0.jpg is the only one I know of that turns on when you pull from a holster but you have to use there holsters.
    Yeah CT hasn't made grips for micro-compacts so far that I;ve seen. They go for the trigger guard mount type, like LM does. That said, both do the job. CT will offer one new set of batteries per year for life with theirs. I'm not a fan of the grip activation simply because I don't always choose to use a laser, and the button never seems to sit quite in the right place for my grip, which causes me to have to squeeze really hard to activate it, or shift my grip wasting time. The LM button sits right where I index my trigger finger, so dragging my finger back to the trigger turns on the laser anyway.. one motion and good trigger discipline. Get whichever works best for you, though. I've seen demo models on store counters in a lots of gun shops so you could try each one out.

Lasers have their uses, such as firing from concealment while staying behind a barrier, but generally, it's faster to use the iron sights on the gun, or point/index shoot with a concealed firearm.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Links