Recommendations for a Good Cap/Hat mounted LED light

This is a discussion on Recommendations for a Good Cap/Hat mounted LED light within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would appreciate some input on quality LED lights that I can use with a hardhat or baseball cap. What I need is something I ...

Thread: Recommendations for a Good Cap/Hat mounted LED light

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Recommendations for a Good Cap/Hat mounted LED light

I would appreciate some input on quality LED lights that I can use with a hardhat or baseball cap. What I need is something I can mount on a hardhat or baseball cap that provides a significant amount of light. I am initially thinking of something greater than 50 LUMS. The purpose will be for working in machinery electrical cabinets where I need both hands free. Since this for work cost is not a real concern but quality is. I've learned that the little clip-on single LED Surefire and Fluke models do not provide enough light. Ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

D~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Craftsman has a mechanics hat with four leds spread over the underside of the brim looks pretty bright

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diddle View Post
    I would appreciate some input on quality LED lights that I can use with a hardhat or baseball cap. What I need is something I can mount on a hardhat or baseball cap that provides a significant amount of light. I am initially thinking of something greater than 50 LUMS. The purpose will be for working in machinery electrical cabinets where I need both hands free. Since this for work cost is not a real concern but quality is. I've learned that the little clip-on single LED Surefire and Fluke models do not provide enough light. Ideas?

Any help would be appreciated.

D~
    I use this for working on just about everything. I've found if the light is too bright (ie, my 600 lumen tac light) it's blinding from glare and wash out. These at 48 lumens seem just right.

Energizer Industrial 7 LED Headlight - 16 Hours Runtime
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I agree with wolf. For 15 years or so I had the latest Petzel headlamps. They were some of the best out there.

As it is now, Energizer is giving them a run for their money, in my book. Their high end ones, anyone. I have one I bought at walmart for around $30, and its much brighter than my petzels. Good light.

This one has good reviews and I can personally recommend it.

This one is a Clip On to clip on most caps.
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Quark Tactical QTL
    Olight S10
    Olight S20

They all have clips that you can put right on the brim of your hat.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Back in the day we wore these (essentially bombs) on our heads to go frog hunting at night. Seriously, I've seen some pretty large clip-on hat mounted lights at Academy and similar stores, mostly in the flashlight section.

I have a real small one, works good in the attic, but wouldn't be big enough for what you want to do.
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Headlamp Series | Streamlight

Streamlight Model 61052 Septor LED light
    I've got one for under dash, automotive & it's nice.

Links