Need advice on a radio

Need advice on a radio

This is a discussion on Need advice on a radio within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are these any good: Amazon.com: Sangean ATS-909X AM/FM/LW/SW World Band Receiver: Electronics Sangean ATS-909X AM/FM/LW/SW World Band Receiver I have Midland GRMS radios (2 handhelds ...

Thread: Need advice on a radio

Need advice on a radio

Are these any good:

Amazon.com: Sangean ATS-909X AM/FM/LW/SW World Band Receiver: Electronics

Sangean ATS-909X AM/FM/LW/SW World Band Receiver

I have Midland GRMS radios (2 handhelds and a base unit), which has about a 5 mile range.

Some of my prepper friends are talking about the world band receiver and wondered if any of you have one of these, and if it's worth getting.

I don't know but for $200+ it better be very good.

Distinguished Member
    Sorry I don't have any experience with this radio. I have Ham equipment but I am sure if the Government is up and running they will block all those bands from being used.

Let us know what you find out.

Bill

I have never used this paticular brand, most of my shortwave recievers I have are grundig. also have an halicrafters that I rebuilt several years ago. no matter the radio that you choose the antenna is as important and for a reciever such as this a long wire antenna will become important to its sensitivity in recieving distant or weak signals. like Manolito I am a ham operator. good luck and good listening
    U.S. Army retired 21 years
    NRA

Sponsored Links