Bug out Bag, how many people have one and whats in it?

This is a discussion on Bug out Bag, how many people have one and whats in it? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There was a thread that discussed this but I can't find it with the search, may have got lost in the switch over (or I ...

Thread: Bug out Bag, how many people have one and whats in it?

There was a thread that discussed this but I can't find it with the search, may have got lost in the switch over (or I forgot the title). After reading the post, I got thinking about B.O.B's and how important they could be, also I remembered when I was in Boy Scouts we did a lot of camping(every other weekend year round) and I had a small "survival bag" back then that went every place with me. It had enough stuff to survive in the woods for about two weeks or more using survival skills and tools. At that time I always thought I would make a larger version to keep in my car, but never did (got into stock cars, parties and girls and forgot about allot of stuff.) So now 17 years later I am making a new list for a pack to put in my trunk. And would like to see what other people pack and why. So far mine looks like it will need a full sized pack to make it work, but I have always been over prepared for everything I guess.
    Thanks for your input in advance.
    Death and taxes..... need i say any more?

Talking

BOB in my vehicle is geared towards making it home to my wife, and other supplies. Will Bug -In or -out from there.

I rarely travel more than 10 miles from my home, in my vehicle. I plan on 3 days (at most) on foot.

Small first-aid kit, geared toward minor injuries. Contains OTC meds, stuff you can use everyday. Band-aids, burn cream, hydrocortizone cr., lip balm, sunscreen, etc.

Large multi-tool, Ka-Bar fixed blade knife, small swiss army knife, 2 lighters, waterproof matches. Lensatic compass, and map compass, 4x binoculars.

20' para cord, 10' dental floss, small fishing kit, 1 square yd. aluminum foil.

2 20oz. bottles water, 100 oz. Camelback (water changed every 7 days), 10 ass'd. powerbars, small bag peanuts.

And, my trusty, crusty Savage .22, with 110 rds. of Stingers, and 10 rds. shotshells!

FWIW, my BOB has saved my bacon before! Nothing spectcular, but it is a relief to have Dental Floss when you need it, or Asprin when you have a headache.

i dont have one but i need to put one together

My B.O.B. is much the same as 10-rings except I have a Mosin Nagant rifle I bought for $40 and an ammo can with 120 rnds of 7.62x54r for it. In that can is also a Star 9mm. It's one of those Spanish National Guard pistols. I paid $125 for it. So if someone rips me off, I won't be out a lot of money.
    Last edited by mtrapper; January 30th, 2005 at 10:43 PM.
    "I saw you hit that poor man"
    "Yes ma'am, just as hard as I could"
    John Wayne, Tall In The Saddle

Cool

Well first off, I drive a Chevy S-10 4x4 with a camper top, so space for a B.O.B. is no problem. Aside from all my prospecting basics, there are two things I wouldn't go without in the Winter time....1 military wool blanket, and a pair of the mil surplus mucklucks (rubber boots with canvas tops to the knee and wool bootie inserts). For those car-dwellers, you can stash those items in a pretty small ditty bag. The rest is pretty much similar to everybody else. I also carry a basic tool pouch. One interesting item I learned about a few years ago is "superglue"....seems it is useful for sealing over bad cuts....just don't stick your finger on it after application!!!

VIP Member
    This site has some good bug-out info....

And a good section on beer making!

www.bob-oracle.com/

Sponsored Links