Graffunder Safe

This is a discussion on Graffunder Safe within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took the plunge a couple of months back and purchased a Graffunder safe. I was notified that it shipped last week and should be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Graffunder Safe

Graffunder Safe

I took the plunge a couple of months back and purchased a Graffunder safe. I was notified that it shipped last week and should be here this coming week. Anyone else have one? Just curious.

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

Next question is did you hire the demolition and crane crew for placement? And are they going to rebuild the structure after the safe lands?

I looked at them. They look like real nice units - lots of options. If you have the means to get one that's awesome. Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing - what did you get? I am assuming it is a cabinet vault that will hold long guns too.

Yup - I've got one. I bought it from Ullie Graffunder himself. He delivered it to my house personally. that was about 30 years ago. Yup - it is heavy. I recently moved about 120 miles and thought it would be easier to just sell it and buy a new one. Turns out an equivalent would cost me over $5000. Kept this one and paid a local guy 400 bucks to move it.
    Caertaker likes this.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yeild, and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

Now you just need to get your Hilti adhesives warmed up and your hammer drill plugged in..

Semper Fidelis

Graffunders can be quite nice. Even in the lower-priced, earlier models.

Hired the "reconstruction crew" to follow after the "installation crew," myself. Figured I'd avoid a lifetime of back surgeries and endless pain and suffering, that way.

Here's to wishing a Graffunder F7248 would land on my doorstep some day, in a manner of speaking.

GeorgiaCarry ... got any pics of that bad boy? I'm sure others would love to see what a Graffunder looks like, loaded up and in place.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm jealous. Those look really nice. I hope it serves you well.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I'm thinking about purchasing one as well. But I have been told it could only be put into the garage and I would like my safe in my house if all possible. Where is yours located? Definitely would love to see photos as well!!

Wow, those look impressive. Some day I would love to be able to include one of those into my home!
    There are only two times you can have too much ammo,when you are drowning or on fire. - I wish I knew the mans name who said this so I could give him credit!

Excellent safes!!

I'll just imagine how awesome it is...don't feel obligated to give out photo's of your setup and/or model numbers on the internet. Congrats on a great safe though

So sorry for the late reply. I forgot about posting this and never got a notice someone replied. It went into the basement through the garage. It was quite a feat to watch three BIG guys manhandle this. It was professional all the way. Pics are attached. That 1.5 inch you see is solid steel. The door itself weighs 1000lbs.

GeorgiaCarry
    Attached Images
    Caertaker likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaCarry View Post
    So sorry for the late reply. I forgot about posting this and never got a notice someone replied. It went into the basement through the garage. It was quite a feat to watch three BIG guys manhandle this. It was professional all the way. Pics are attached. That 1.5 inch you see is solid steel. The door itself weighs 1000lbs.

GeorgiaCarry
    That is really nice. Thanks for posting.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Wow!

Very nice Sir!

Well what do you know. Those safes are made in Yakima WA just over the Cascades from my place.

I was just on their website for 20 minutes. The gallery showed one of their safes after the shop building it was in burned to the ground. The outside of the safe was mighty ugly. Like a good truck. With the door opened I counted 17 rifles in perfect condition. Me thinks the owner of that safe was addicted to Winchester lever actions.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Wow, very impressive. Now delete the photo's! No sense letting any lurking bad guys know what you have. Much better to have them show up with the wrong tools for entry Gorgeous safe though...Bet that thing weighs over 2500lbs. I thought mine was a beast at 1500lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links