Looking for rubberized non skid tape for gun grips

This is a discussion on Looking for rubberized non skid tape for gun grips within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking some rubberized non skid tape that is used in grips such as Talon grips. I can't get the custom cut grips because ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By skysoldier29
  • 1 Post By maniacmechanic
  • 1 Post By patri0t
  • 2 Post By Stevew
  • 1 Post By lhartman89

Thread: Looking for rubberized non skid tape for gun grips

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Looking for rubberized non skid tape for gun grips

I am looking some rubberized non skid tape that is used in grips such as Talon grips. I can't get the custom cut grips because I'm working around my laser grip on my Glock 23. I just put the non skid sand paper tape on which works great for a grip, however it is very abrasive against the skin. Any ideas?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

3M makes some rubber splicing tape. Use it at work and used to use it on my hockey stick. Ill get the model number tonite. Best part is it only sticks to itself.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maniacmechanic View Post
    3M makes some rubber splicing tape. Use it at work and used to use it on my hockey stick. Ill get the model number tonite. Best part is it only sticks to itself.
    Oh Yeah, we used to call that "Friction Tape", usually in the plumbing dept of the hardware store.
    Also, my Baby Eagle II came with a Hogue rubber grip, that looked like a black 3/4 inch rubber-band, but always felt 'tacky'... it was quite handy.
    You could always get a cheap grip and cut-off what you need.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Try a bicycle inner tube. Only cost a couple of bucks. Very grippy to the hand. If you don't like you aren't out very much. Cut it to size and stretch it over the grip.
    gatorbait51 and StormRhydr like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    There was a Texas Ranger in the 30s who used rubber bands on his 1911 for two things, better grip and facilitated carry.

You might contact Talon and ask if they would sell you a piece that would fit your grips, then make your own. Worth a shot (not pun intended).

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Have you looked at Traction Grips? I have a set on my G19 and they work for me. I had also put a set on my LC9 before I got rid of it. They are only like $10 shipped for a set if I remember correctly. I got the textured type. The grit type would be more like sand paper.

Tractiongrips: for Glock 19, 23, 32, 38 Pistols

They also have some universal grip sets and you can get the large which comes with 2 3"X4" pieces.

Tractiongrips Universal pistol grips set

IMAG0829.jpgIMAG0833.jpg
    StormRhydr likes this.

Do the bicycle inner tube. I use it on my G27. Also makes a great rubber band if you need good strength. Was the Vietnam Recon trick for your gear.

Links