Man purse

This is a discussion on Man purse within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please tell me I am not alone on this one, my wife gives me a lot of grief because I keep what she calls a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Man purse

Man purse

Please tell me I am not alone on this one, my wife gives me a lot of grief because I keep what she calls a "man purse". I had heard the term before but never thought it would be applied to me.
    Basically I carry a small range bag that goes with me from house to car every work day morning and vice versa when I return home at night. I never truly carry it outside my driveway except if I am going to the range. I started using it about a year ago shortly after I started conceal carrying. Strapping on a holster and shoving all the other work contraband items in my pockets just to unstrap the holster and dump pockets before I walked in the building at work 15 minutes later became tiresome.
    In the bag I carry:
    gun
    4-5 loaded mags
    2-3 knives
    flashlight
    a holster or two
    mag carrier
    small gun cleaning kit
    2-3 boxes of range ammo and eyes and ears if I get the opportunity to stop by the range on the way home
    tony1990 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Either tell her to get her own, or get one for her.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    And how do you make sure that your murse is well hidden and securely locked (not just with the car door locks) so that it will be there when you come back to your car?

Hint: I just bought a Nano vault for my car - but they aren't large enough to secure all your murse stuff. Maybe just the pricier items.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I've got about a dozen Maxped bags I used to carry when I was in college. After I started keeping completed bags in our cars and & work, I stopped having to carry all that crap around. Duplicate shooting gear should be a priority for everyone so duplicates in other bags or cars is a good Idea.
    Make Peace or Die

May as well own it. Go sew a "Coach" logo on it and tell her your purse is superior to hers in every way.

Or get a backpack. Hard to call a backpack a purse.

Either way works. I'm leaning toward the first one though.

Coach actually started out making leather products for guys. I got the lecture from an employee when I took my wife to pick out a Coach purse. It's is pretty good leather.
    Make Peace or Die

OD*
    Tell your wife to cut you some slack, 200 years ago most adult American males carried a "man purse," they were called a "possibles" bag.

https://www.google.com/search?q=a+%2...w=1093&bih=394
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

You should go whole hog and show up in a kilt with a sporran.

None of that stuff would be harmed if you just leave it in the car - leaves just the gun to be transported. A small flashlight belongs in your pocket and a slim knife is easily hidden - just sayin'.
    pittypat21 and oldnfat like this.

Just tell your wife you are as manly as they come and go with the "possibles" title.

I'm sure 'he' will believe you.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Funny range bag sounds good to go to me.

Man purse well not so much.
    oneshot and CJM like this.

Lol, I have a maxpedition bag that my wife actually likes me with. She likes it because she knows whats in it, but honestly, it dont look bad, and doesnt attract attention. Which amazes me, honestly. Then again, people notice nothing, it seems

The thing she really does NOT like is a Galco fanny pack I have. Its specifically for pistols. She absolutely hated it, (as I knew she would), till I hit the rip cord on it, revealing the SIG inside. She decided it was GTG then, lol.

I've been doing something similar with an attaché made for an iPad, which is surprisingly well-suited to the task - most of these are difficult to open quickly or have a bunch of little protrusions inside. This one works well.

Even worn it in a couple of stores, shopping after work. Felt a bit awkward at the Home Depot, but I'll get used to it.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

To paraphrase the most interesting man in the world: the murse. There's a time and a place for it. The time is never. You can figure out the place on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Lol, I have a maxpedition bag that my wife actually likes me with. She likes it because she knows whats in it, but honestly, it dont look bad, and doesnt attract attention. Which amazes me, honestly. Then again, people notice nothing, it seems

The thing she really does NOT like is a Galco fanny pack I have. Its specifically for pistols. She absolutely hated it, (as I knew she would), till I hit the rip cord on it, revealing the SIG inside. She decided it was GTG then, lol.
    Which Maxpedition bag do you have, im looking for one lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    Which Maxpedition bag do you have, im looking for one lol?
    I think its the "Fatboy". I bought it at Tactical Response. Desert Tan, and no one ever gives it a second glance. Btw, if it was camo, or something, I think people would notice it. My point in having it is for it NOT to be noticed, lol.

Btw, Maxpedition makes a universal CC velcro holster. BUY IT, if you get one of their bags. It doesnt look like much, but it does three things; 1. Holds the weapon in a consistent position. 2. Covers the trigger. 3. REMAINS BEHIND when you draw.
    manolito and Christopher67 like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links