What are some decent weapon lights that wont break the bank?

This is a discussion on What are some decent weapon lights that wont break the bank? within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First, please do not turn this post into a battle royale on the use of weapon mounted lights..... sail with whatever floats your boat.... Ok.so ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Taurahe
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: What are some decent weapon lights that wont break the bank?

First, please do not turn this post into a battle royale on the use of weapon mounted lights..... sail with whatever floats your boat....

Ok.so i am curious about weapon mounted lights on a HD handgun and would like to try one out for a bit. I do not however want to drop a large chunk of change for something I may not like. What are some decent yet inexpensive ( $50 or less ) weapon lights. I would like to especially hear from anyone who actually uses one... I can google search prices too. It will be mounted on an M&P 9mm fullsize.

I would like to hear any likes /dislikes specifically related to the light itself too.... Thanks and merry christmas
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    It's more than $50, but the Streamlight TLR-1 is great on an M&P 9mm FS. That combination is on my hip right now. It's about $100 on Amazon.

For handguns that price range is very limiting.

For long guns, I prefer a dedicated surefire WML, but have used simpler set-ups, like a Surefire G2 (their least expensive light), with a 1" ring with good results on an AR.

I have a Streamlight TLR-1S (I think that is the model), that I found on sale for about $90 a year or so ago at LA police gear that I like. I think Streamlight makes some of the better pistol lights, as they generally come with attachment options for multiple rail styles, are sufficiently bright, and I like the ambi on switch located at the rear of the light. They are more than your price range, but that would be my recommendation.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I also have a TLR-1S and its an amazing light but is a little under $100. If you have the option i would say try and save up a little more and get at least a Streamlight TLR-1. You now the old saying you get what you pay for.

Sponsor
    If you are looking to spend less than $50 I'd say put the cash toward a good handheld light (Like a Fenix PD20 or PD30). If you already have one, save your money and get a TLR-1s or TLR-1 HL.

Streamlight 69260 TLR-1 HL High Lumen Rail-Mounted Tactical Light - Amazon.com

-Clay

Look at DVOR they run speical on lights I have gotten tac lights for good price and Amazon is good too.

Yeah I would go with streamlight I have a 4 on my gun bright as heck and good laser .. If jut 50$ buy a good feinx flashlight

Hmmm ... lots of likes for the TLR-1. I have several handhelds so i have that covered.... I actually use a $20 coleman flashlight that is 150 lumens with a contact bezel.... gotta love walmart lol. I think I am going to follow everyone and save up and get a TLR-1..... if someone should have one for sale I might now a buyer lol....
    brocktice and WrongRecroom like this.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Just a few weeks ago my son shows up from college at 5 am; unscheduled and unannounced. I met him at the door with my 1911 with CT Lasergrips but no light. I decided then and there to add a light so I picked up a Crimson Trace Lightguard. Cost me about $140 off the web with shipping. It attaches to the front of the trigger guard with the "on" button right beside the laser button. Now both come on as I grip the pistol. It isn't heavy and really lights up the target area and I can see the laser spot in the center of the light beam.

I have the Viridian X5l gen 2, on my HK P30, way out of your price range but a very sweet light and laser.

Something to think about if this is your carry weapon is a holster. I haven't seen a lot of choices when carrying with a light. I ended up with a raven with mine and it isn't as comfortable as my cross breed was, but I like have the light/laser combo.

I guess I could solve that issue and get two HK haha

I bought one from Walmart with a pack of 2 extra Cr123 batteries and a 2 year replacement warranty for around $45. And it is mounted on the slide of my Mossberg HD. 190 lumens and with strobe. No problems yet.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Streamlight TLR -3. Around a $100 most places.

110 lumens is more than enough for defense in and around home.

I have it mounted on my P99. Fits perfectly w/appropriate "key"
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Surefire X300u $200
    Streamlight TLR-1s $100
    Inforce APL $120

..................are all worth the money, and if you don't like it you can sell it to someone that does for about what you paid for it.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

With all respect to "value shopping", I am unaware of any <$50 gun-mounted light upon which I would depend. You must only buy quality...once.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sponsored Links