Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch belt: 5 year review

This is a discussion on Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch belt: 5 year review within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wrote a review on the Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch Instructor belt that I have worn every day for the last five years. There are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch belt: 5 year review

I wrote a review on the Wilderness Tactical 5 Stitch Instructor belt that I have worn every day for the last five years. There are pictures showing the wear.

I really like these belts, enough to order a new one.

Tattooed Gunner: Wilderness Tactical Instructor belt: 5 year review.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

VIP Member
    Great review. I have worn mine nearly every day for the last two years, so it should be good for a few more.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Thanks for the review! I picked one of these up today at the range. One of the guys I was with complained about how they "stretched" but the construction seemed more than robust so I bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_GMC View Post
    Thanks for the review! I picked one of these up today at the range. One of the guys I was with complained about how they "stretched" but the construction seemed more than robust so I bought one.
    I haven't noticed any stretching. My new one and old one are the same length.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Thanks for the review. I have one & it's getting old. In the same boat. Want to replace.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

I've been running a Hanks Amish CCW for about 6 months and I'm not impressed. I've had other belts of this style, namely a 5.11 instructor. I'm looking to upgrade to a Wilderness soon. I carry a lot of gear (G19 with a light, mags, full size M&P/1911 on occasion etc) Should I go with the 5 stitch or the kydex reinforced? I want as much vertical stiffness as possible.

--sent from the phone of an angry scotsman.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wilorc View Post
    I've been running a Hanks Amish CCW for about 6 months and I'm not impressed. I've had other belts of this style, namely a 5.11 instructor. I'm looking to upgrade to a Wilderness soon. I carry a lot of gear (G19 with a light, mags, full size M&P/1911 on occasion etc) Should I go with the 5 stitch or the kydex reinforced? I want as much vertical stiffness as possible.

--sent from the phone of an angry scotsman.
    I don't have any experience with the kydex reinforced. The 5 stitch is pretty stiff. If you put your hand around it in a C-clamp grip it is hard to make it bend. I haven't had any complaints with it. The one with the kydex is supposed to be stiffer still.

Maybe somebody else will chime in that has had both.
    ~Mike
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

I carry a lot of gear (G19 with a light, mags, full size M&P/1911 on occasion etc) Should I go with the 5 stitch or the kydex reinforced? I want as much vertical stiffness as possible.

Definitely reinforced for your gear. I gave my 5 stitch non-reinforced to Goodwill and bought a 1 3/4"reinforced Wilderness. Works well for the GLOCK. When carrying the S&W 29
    "anvil" I switch to a 1 3/4" Beltman Gun Belts by The Belt Man

Definitely something I need to look into. Great report.

Distinguished Member
    I have worn mine for two years now, no issues, it's still going strong after almost all that time with a full sized 1911 & ammo pouch hanging off of it (IWB). For around $50 bucks, can't be beat.

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I'm three years into mine and still holding up like new. I wear it every day to work and at home. It even holds up my shorts in the summer and is great with an IWB holster.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

VIP Member
    I was issued one on my first contract in April 2006. Wore it literally everyday since at home and abroad. Finally had to replace it in late 2013.

Can't say enough about this product.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

After about 5 yrs I had to restitch the velcro on the end, some surface fuzziness where the webbing goes thru the buckle (doesn't affect usability) and slight wear on the coating on the buckle. Definitely a great buy.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Thank goodness someone posted an ACTUAL review (i.e. they used the product for a reasonable or extended period of time and relayed their experiences with it). I am never going to sit through a "review" that consists of someone opening a box and clucking over something they bought again, ever. They've already stolen minutes of my life, and they're not getting anymore!
    TattooedGunner likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

I am ordering two new wilderness tactical belts. I have lost a good deal of weight and I need a smaller belt now. Going for one in coyote and one in black i think
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links