Cold weather gloves

Cold weather gloves

This is a discussion on Cold weather gloves within the Related Gear & Equipment forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for a pair of gloves all winter that were warm yet still allowed me to quickly draw my gun if needed. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dougroch
  • 1 Post By 5lima30ret

Thread: Cold weather gloves

Cold weather gloves

I have been looking for a pair of gloves all winter that were warm yet still allowed me to quickly draw my gun if needed. I have found the perfect glove albeit from an unlikely source and thought I would share. They are Taylor Made brand cold weather golf gloves http://www.amazon.com/TaylorMade-Str.../dp/B009T7VBHQ . They kept my hands fairly toasty today while I was outside for about 30 minutes in 0 degree weather getting firewood. Top of glove is a fleece with the palm and all of the trigger finger being a stretchy material like a cross between neoprene and suede if that makes any sense. Trigger finger even has some rubberized gripping. Its almost as if these were made for shooting as I don't know why a golfer would need the trigger finger like that. 10 times better than any cold weather shooting glove I have ever worn and half the cost. Drawing while wearing these gloves is just as fast as with a bare hand after 20-30 practice draws.
    Kavalander likes this.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar

Nice find.
    How do the sizes run?
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    Small to XXL

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Nice find.
    How do the sizes run?

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    I've been using the Mechanix gloves for the dexterity and durability. If its really cold like -7 F tomorrow I will wear silk glove liners underneath them. I will be wearing them in the AM to get firewood to feed the monster. I like that the Mechanix gloves are washable. I used to wear the leather & nomex flight gloves which were great but have gotten to be very pricey!
    ccw9mm likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Here's a thread from a few weeks ago that had some good information - Cold weather carry and glove issues

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    If its really cold like -7 F tomorrow I will wear silk glove liners underneath them.
    Great tip. Have been doing this for years, when it gets really nippy.

Lately, I've been using a simple woolen mitten, but they're not quite warm enough to handle sub-zero stuff by themselves. With a decent liner, they do just fine.

I've also had good luck with a thicker-wool glove of this sort -- Manzella ragg wool, full-finger gloves. Love the stickier dimples all over the gripping surface. Can make a big difference.

Of course, the Mechanix gloves do much the same thing, with more-contemporary materials.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Another vote for liners - amazing what even a very thin extra layer will do.

Sponsored Links